Letting Agent advice please

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
StripyPixieSocks
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Letting Agent advice please

Re: DLA they turn everyone down first time, they're supposed to, ALWAYS appeal;.. see if you can find someone 'in-the-know' to help you fill in the godawful form as there are certain trigger words that make them sit up and notice.

The benefits in this country are so f*cked up it's stupid, they're handed out like water to some but the people who REALLY need it can't get it then they tar everyone with the same brush as the leeches. drives me insane! :(

((((HUGS))))

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Thanks for sharing with us Mrs F. Unfortunately you are part of the squeezed middle. Plus of course you have a husband - now if you didn't you'd get free rent, free CT, ............... :wink: I'm being slightly hypocritical as I benefit personally from the fact that the country supports single parents so well (I work 30 hours per week but will still get some tax credits), but it shouldn't be done at the expense of couples - two cannot live as cheaply as one.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

noplasticbags wrote:Thanks for sharing with us Mrs F. Unfortunately you are part of the squeezed middle. Plus of course you have a husband - now if you didn't you'd get free rent, free CT, ............... :wink: I'm being slightly hypocritical as I benefit personally from the fact that the country supports single parents so well (I work 30 hours per week but will still get some tax credits), but it shouldn't be done at the expense of couples - two cannot live as cheaply as one.
I really appreciate that noplasticbags :salute: I don't have any problem at all with single parents or people on benefits.... in fact I was raised by a single parent on benefits and I'm sure her ingenuity and scrimping is why I'm good at things I do; sewing, cooking etc.

I once said to Jim if we'd never met he'd be better off... but he said that's stupid. I'm the one who informed him if he eveer wanted to get out of his dad's house he'd have to get a "proper" job instead of room, board and petrol money for working for his dad. I'm the one who made him go to the interview for First; practically pushed him onto the train to get there as he was convinced he'd not get it!

a little worrid about DLA though, When I applied I was pretty much agoraphobic. I'm not any more but still can't work. I don't have a copy of my old forms, what if some information is different? will they think I'm, playing the system?
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Mrs F. It sounds like you have done everything you can to take control of your finances. There's not much I can suggest. Do you really need your home phone and both mobiles? If your mobiles are on contract it'll be cheaper to use them than your home phone. But your mobile doesn't sound like such a great deal to me. I've got a full internet phone with free calls for £15 per month.

Can you reschedule your loan repayments over a longer period? Hmmm maybe this would be better by PM. Don't feel that you need to give any more of your personal finances over the open forum. Shout if you want some more help.

Zoe

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

thanks zoe, we do need both mobiles and the home phone came free with the broadband.... but I did manage to wangle £7 off per month and lots more free stuff from them when I called this week and basically said "you're crap. I want to leave unless oyu can give me a reason to stay."

switched to evenings and weekends with 0845 and 0870 included in allowance, better broadband package, privacy pack including caller ID and it's cheaper :cheers:

might do the same with the electric and gas this week hahahaha.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!