Styling tips for knee length socks

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Styling tips for knee length socks

I believe one of our number revealed himself to be the Ish version of Gok Wan in the thread with the lovely grey dress. So where else should I come for styling tips? :wink:

I've seen a pattern for lovely knee-length socks on ravelry. These are the socks for those of you not on ravelry, although this person has lengthened them a bit and also has thinner thighs than me! (That shouldn't affect the styling though. Just don't tell me to wear them with a miniskirt ;-) ). I am thinking I might add them to my list of things to knit at some point, however, if I managed to knit knee-length colourwork socks like this and finish them I would want to wear them everywhere including out of the house. Is there anyone on Ish who wears kneelength socks? What shoes do you wear to show them off? Do you wear them over tights? How does it work? Suggestions pls?
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Puddleduck
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: Styling tips for knee length socks

I like to wear them with my trusty Doc Martens and an above the knee skirt, or even over leggings if it's really cold. I love knee socks!!! The stripeyer the better!!! :lol:

pelmetman

Re: Styling tips for knee length socks

Hi Susie

I'm sure you'll great in them :icon_smile:

They do bring back some rather awful memories for me though of going to school in the 50/60's and having to wear Clarks Clodhoppers with really itchy horrid knee length navy blue socks :shock: that my Nan used to knit for me :lol: :lol:
Sue :flower:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy