weight loss group

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: weight loss group

Big Al wrote: just to be an ogre.... treats can be adictive ,lol.

tell me about it!

Had a few chocolatey things left over from Farmers Market last weekend so have been "celebrating" a bit early :(
Needless to say, I suspect Monday's weigh-in will not be a good one!

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

as suspected :(

up half a pound this week

Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Marmalady wrote:
Big Al wrote: just to be an ogre.... treats can be adictive ,lol.

tell me about it!

Had a few chocolatey things left over from Farmers Market last weekend so have been "celebrating" a bit early :(
Needless to say, I suspect Monday's weigh-in will not be a good one!
Well at least you KNOW what the problem is likely to be.

Rintons called yesterday.... Coconut and lime shortcake bisqueets..........
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

One week into this and weight same - no gain no loss. must have a word with myself - like my teachers said must do better!!
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

Graye

4 weeks = 3 more kilos gone.

My biggest incentive at the moment is the outfit I've bought for my son's wedding in September. I can fasten all the buttons etc but stand no chance of breathing, walking, sitting or eating at the moment. Thinking about it is working wonders when I debate having an extra helping of something etc! I should just about get there as long as I don't slip off the wagon in the meantime though...
Growing old is much better then the alternative!

Dr.Syn
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ashamed to say up 3 lb quite upset at that.
Treat the earth well, it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children.
Blog http://fredarth.wordpress.com/
Die dulci fruere.

Big Al

Dr.Syn wrote:Ashamed to say up 3 lb quite upset at that.

Well use your shame to your advantage Dr syn. What have you done or not done to gain the weight? Have you pigged out on food or not done so much exercise this last week? Once you work out this little conundrum you will be able to focus on correcting the mistakes :grouphug:

I've stayed the same again at 132kg and after sticking at this weight or there abouts I need to re evaluate what i'm doing.

Weight loss is easy :lol: Calories in = calories out. Take in too many calories over what you expend and you put on, expend more than you take in and you loose. I've stayed the same so I have achieved CI=CO so now i need to expend more than I take in to kick start this loss again.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Can I join in?

I weighed myself on Friday and I was 15 stone 8 - not the heaviest I've ever been but a long way from a healthy weight for my height (5'5"). I did the Slimming World thing a few years ago and I know I need to cut the fat in my diet - cheese is my biggest downfall, I can't resist the stuff! And big portions of just about everything . . . . :oops:

I don't want to set myself a target because I'd like to celebrate whatever loss I achieve this year, rather than beat myself up for "failing" to reach a set goal post - done that too many times in the past!

Marmalady
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

down a pound this week:)

that goalpost of less than 11 stone is still being very elusive tho!

welcome to the group lazyspice!
you dont need to set yourself a target if you don't want to -- but something to aim for is probably a good idea even if its only something like a particular dress not fitting quite so tightly!

prison break fan

Welcome lazyspice, we need some fresh encouragement! Come on Big Al, inspire us! pbf.

boboff

Well I have started again!

18st 9lb!

Just want to loose 7ln in 2 weeks, see how I get on!

EDIT. Just read the start of the thread, I have lost 5lb!!!! what a great start to the year!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

lazyspice
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello, thank you for the welcome :wave:

Marmalady, I'm going to take it a stone at a time and try to keep my motivation going - I usually hurtle at it with the zeal of a convert and start flagging after the first couple of weeks :roll: The only "big" thing I've got on the calendar so far is a works do at Christmas so if I can lose a couple of stone by then it would mean I won't have to buy something to wear, I can rummage through the ton of clothes that no longer fit me!

I'm a veggie and I do eat fairly healthily already but I need to cut down on the dairy and do a bit of exercise - I'm not called lazyspice for nothing! I'm switching to fruit and herbal tea instead of tea or coffee and will limit cheese to an ounce a day (no cutting a slice off to even the end up after grating!) and if I have cheese I won't have eggs that day. Less bread - I actually LIKE rice cakes so that won't be tooooooooo much of a hardship but bread is my comfort food so will have to ensure I don't get stressed out! I don't eat cakes, biscuits or crisps anyway so the big thing will be portion control - I'm going to use a smaller plate so I'm not matching himself for calories!

Here goes :flower:

Big Al

Lazyspice,

portion control is the key. We had large denby paltes and filled them full. We now use a 10" plate with a 2" border so the actual plate size we use is 6" and try not to go over that with food.
Losing weight is terribly hard but stick with us and hopefully we can lose all the weight we want together.
Secret Asparagus binger

Big Al

OK time for an update from each of you and me of course.

How much weight have you lost / gained ( I HOPE NOT) since you started
How many weeks or what date you started
how you feel about your achievments.
What have you learnt joining this "club"
What do you want going forward from yourselves and the "club"

I think it might work for each of us to quote this piece then answer the questions. That way we all get an individual posting with the same questions.

To find out which "week of the year "you are in since you started this club try here http://whatweekisit.com/
Last edited by Big Al on Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Secret Asparagus binger

Big Al

Big Al wrote:OK time for an update from each of you and me of course.

How much weight have you lost / gained ( I HOPE NOT) since you started 4.4 pounds
How many weeks or what date you started week 30
how you feel about your achievments. absolutly gutted
What have you learnt joining this "club" must walk the walk whilst talk the talk
What do you want going forward from yourselves and the "club" A bit more of a bo^^king when I don't lose please group

I think it might work for each of us to quote this piece then answer the questions. That way we all get an individual posting with the same questions.
Secret Asparagus binger