anyone play or have a tin whistle or two?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

anyone play or have a tin whistle or two?

i have to make something to put a/some tin whistles in, for a swap i'm involved in. as its a surprise swap i cant directly or indirectly enquire about lenghts, so i'm asking you good folks. the person i'm sending to is a beginner, so some idea of standard lengths would be useful.....i'm aware they come in various sizes as i used to go watch a very talented musican who plays them......hes the tin whistle player on Ronan Keatings 'when you say nothing at all'!!. :love7: *settle woman :roll: *
if anyone is able to measure any for me that would be great.
thanks in advance!.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: anyone play or have a tin whistle or two?

:iconbiggrin: That's a string length question, I'm afraid - it all depends on the key the whistle is made to play in (and exactly where the fipple has been placed, believe it or not). They can be anywhere between one foot and two feet long (the longer the whistle, the lower the tone). The lower-tone ones are rarer, but a good player will have one or two.

No bloody help at all, I should think :iconbiggrin:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: anyone play or have a tin whistle or two?

MKG wrote::iconbiggrin: That's a string length question, I'm afraid - it all depends on the key the whistle is made to play in (and exactly where the fipple has been placed, believe it or not). They can be anywhere between one foot and two feet long (the longer the whistle, the lower the tone). The lower-tone ones are rarer, but a good player will have one or two.

No bloody help at all, I should think :iconbiggrin:

Mike
:lol: thanks Mike......may have to rethink my gift then....i cant ask, cos then they'll know what i'm making!.