which tea?

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: which tea?

Rintons delivered to my door every two weeks without fail by Shaun... oh and too many bisqueets to mention...
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

In the week, I use co-op's fair trade. At the weekend, when I have time, I fill a pot with a sprig of nettle, some peppermint and a bit of either chamomile or lemon balm. Just keep topping the pot up with water - delicious.

Funny, I can't stand bought herbal teas.

Zoe

Keaniebean

I like nettle but really don't drink any that often. Normal tea is :pukeright: , but I fully appreciate I'm a little odd in this viewpoint :iconbiggrin:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I like nettle, but am allergic to the buggers so it's a balance of mmm nettles and eeeuuuurgh anaphalaxis..... yes. een when cooked. that was a fun afternoon after a nettle soup lunch. NOT.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

southeast-isher

Hey MrsFlibble, why do you have decaf tea? Coffee can give me the jitters but tea only does good things to me.

bonniethomas06

Only twinings earl grey in this house. We might not be able to afford to heat it in winter, but at least I can warm myself up with a decent cuppa.

And only a snifter of milk - I HATE very milky tea.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

southeast-isher wrote:Hey MrsFlibble, why do you have decaf tea? Coffee can give me the jitters but tea only does good things to me.

because I've found that caffeine has adverse effects on depression and the PTSD symptoms which go hand in hand which I have hand in hand with it... and I REALLY like cola hahahahahahaha!! so to allow me to have a glass or two of that i have removed as much other caffeine in my life ;)

If I have a cuppa round my friend's house i wont have the cola.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

southeast-isher

Coffee caffeine does sure (i'm on fluoxetine too) but tea has mateine or theanine or something in it doesn't it which is different to coffee caffeiene and for me is good for depression...

wabbit955
Living the good life
Living the good life

fresh chocolate mint tea to night yummy
Darn that Wabbit

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

Havent read all the thread, so this might have been said before - Red Bush is the tea of preference here. Naturally decaffeinated (Im allergic to caffeine) and as fra as I know, nothing nasty in there.

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Nestle Caro barley drink, supposely coffee substitute has no caffiene. Usually have a mug of that before bed.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

RuthG
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have that too, but it isnt exactly tea :(

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

True, but it is caffiene free and the thread was wandering off into that subject. I do try and limit my tea intake to about four cups a day and go for herbal or Caro the rest of the time.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

noplasticbags
Tom Good
Tom Good

Not exactly a "which tea" - but can anyone tell me if you save enough money to make it worth the effort of using tea leaves rather than tea bags? Unfortunately my son just likes Tetley while I like English Breakfast or Earl Grey, so the economy in using a pot won't apply to me.

Also - I've seen the real penny-savers on some budgeting programmes re-use teabags - is that really possible (tried it but needed about 3 and still no flavour!).

3 days till pay-day - can you tell???

Hernaic Tom
Tom Good
Tom Good
latitude: 51 N
longitude: 1 E

noplasticbags wrote: Also - I've seen the real penny-savers on some budgeting programmes re-use teabags - is that really possible (tried it but needed about 3 and still no flavour!).

3 days till pay-day - can you tell???
I've never seen anything about re-using teabags, but when I've made a cup of jasmine tea with the infuser, I always leave the infuser (with the jasmine tea leaves still inside) out so I can use them again. If anything, the second and third cup are better than the first!!

In other news, I made a cup of carrot top and lemon verbena tea for me, my dad and my girlfriend last night. They didn't finish theirs, but I enjoyed mine! They both said it got better the more they drank, probably because I left a lemon verbena leaf in the cup (I removed the carrot tops), so it tasted more lemony the more we drank! When I finished the first cup, I topped it up again with boiling water, so the second cup only tasted a little bit like carrot top, and more like lemon verbena.

The carrot top tea tasted a little bit like nettle tea....