Do you ever wonder if there is a "greater plan?"

A chance to meet up with friends and have a chat - a general space with the freedom to talk about anything.
Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Do you ever wonder if there is a "greater plan?"

I am by nature quite a logical person. Give me a problem and I'm like a dog at broth trying to find a solution. But right now I'm at a complete loss as to know what the fk is going on and why! After all the hassle we've had with Chris's health and the lack of care he's been shown, the episode with my parents, vindictive letters from neighbours, to name but a few, we've just had yet another "rock" thrown in our direction. I was standing in my garden today and heard the man opposite discussing us with another. He referred to Chris as "weary Willy" and passed unkind comment about the fact that we had allowed our hedges to grow high (the reason for that is that we value our privacy and don't want nosey neighbours peeping in). I was so incensed that I went to the man and asked him if he was aware that voices travel and that I'd heard everything he said about us. I told him that Chris was not in fact lazy but rather he was registered disabled, was on the kind of medication they give to people with cancer - which has poisoned him 3 times, and that his pain is so severe that he is also on morphene. He protested saying that he was just complaining about the height of the hedges (which we own) so I told him that he had no right to have said what he did. He then enlisted the help of about 4 other men to start cutting the hedges all the while passing sarcastic comments in our direction!
We are not the kind of people who bother others, we try to be as neighbourly as we can be although we don't particularly socialize (read that as gossip!) within the village and we certainly wouldn't deliberately set about causing discomfort or harm to others. Yet it seems that "the powers that be" - who ever or what ever they are, are hell bent on making our lives as uncomfortable and unpleasant as possible. I really do wonder what we've done to deserve it of if there is some kind of plan for us!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Do you ever wonder if there is a "greater plan?"

I can only say sorry :( I don't believe in a higher being or a greater plan, but I do believe in some kind of Karma... the good will out.

I heard a quote from Churchill the other day "If you are going through hell, keep going" I think that is all any of us can do, one day you'll be out the other side, somehow.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Russian Doll

hun i promise life will get better...honestly this year has thrown so much crap at us all....but you have to keep smiling

plus remember theres only so far you can fall before you hit the bottom and start climbimg up

Milims

tea690 wrote:hun i promise life will get better...honestly this year has thrown so much crap at us all....but you have to keep smiling

plus remember theres only so far you can fall before you hit the bottom and start climbimg up

I think that someone has greased the rope! :cry:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Helsbells

I do believe that there is a greater plan, and that sometimes things are sent to try us. Dont know if thats any help, but when bad things happen I often take them as a challenge to show how well I can cope and that they cant get me down.
I really hope things improve for you. My thoughts are with you.
xxx

KellyB
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

The human race is just getting bored hon. Their lives are just boring they don't "do" things like they used to. Everyone used to be busy trying to survive and to do that you had to help each other now there are gadgets to do everything so the human race is getting bored and a bored human is destructive in some for or another just to relieve the boredom.

Keep busy xx

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

what everyone else said and *hugshugshugs* on top.

(Kelly: very philosophical I must say!)
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

Sometimes it does seem as if too much "bad" happens at once. Sending you best and kindest thoughts.

I don't know about a sort of master plan. I do think we each have something grand and wonderful in us which is ours to live out. When we're doing that, we feel progress and fulfillment. When we are going against our inner selves, it seems as though there is always a wrench in the works. I think that when we are living according to our innermost love, then, life works out in a grander way. Noblemindedness, taking the high road, etc.

I, too, think that there is an epidemic of complacency and apathy these days. It's why this forum means a lot to me. People who are living as sincerely and honestly as they know how to, and who care about being kind and genuine. It means a lot to me.

Hugs to you!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I am a firm believer in both fate and the premis that "whatever doesn't kill us will ultimately make us stronger". I KNOW this to be true from even just the last 6 years. keep going, once you lose your hope you lose everything.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Milims

mrsflibble wrote:keep going, once you lose your hope you lose everything.
I guess I should practice what I preach! :wink:
Thank you all for your kind words and hugs. It's good to know that there are kind, genuine, honest, caring people out there and that just because one or two are totally ignorant, malicious barstewards it doesn't mean that everyone is. I guess that I'm just having an "it's not fair!" stomp and wail - but what's happening really just doesn't seem fair and I wish it would stop! I'm tired of this game and I don't want to play anymore! :bom:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

That's so true, about hope. Once, when I was visiting San Francisco, I spent part of an afternoon talking to people who were homeless and living on the streets. Some had college degrees. None of the ones I spoke with that day seemed to be on drugs or drunk.

I walked away wondering what the difference was between them and me. A word softly came later, quietly speaking to my thoughts, "hope".

I had hope and they had given up.

Here's to hope and dreams, and leaving graciousness behind us as we go on.

sara
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

hiya :flower:

life is a funny business, you can only live by your own values and principles and have faith in yourself , other people may hurt you with words and actions but they are outweighed by those who would do anything to see you smile :lol: there is no big plan look after your family and friends have fun and take care of and respect our beautiful planet.

The Riff-Raff Element

I don't really know about a greater plan as such.

For whatever reason, by God or otherwise, we have been placed in a physical universe where things can happen to us. Sometimes these can be pleasant, sometimes they are not.

It is how we respond to these events that defines our journey through life. We can rail against misfortune, or we can seek to overcome it and to improve not only our own lot but the lot of others around us.

Whether we subsequently recieve some kind of reward for doing this I cannot say, but I figure if one can be nice one might as well be.

As to hope, I think I'd agree with St Paul: "So faith, hope, love remain, these three; but the greatest of these is love." I'm always surprised that the rock on which the church is supposed to be built chose to put love before faith.

I hope they asked before cutting your hedge.

Milims

Nope - they just went ahead and did it!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
Edward Monkton

The Riff-Raff Element

Milims wrote:Nope - they just went ahead and did it!
Ah - perhaps they thought they were being neighbourly. Then again, from what you have already told us, perhaps not.

You could complain to the authorities, I suppose, but I'm guessing that you'd rather not?

Chin up - there are people on your side, though I know it doesn't seem that way sometimes. :flower: