Gift Ideas

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gift Ideas

ooh I read the rest and for the tote bag for a boy idea:

Make the bag without the handles and make a drawstring top. Put in a long string and attach it to the two bottom corners to make a backpacky type bag. I had one for my PE kit or swimming lessons when i was a kid. That would work for boys as well as girls.

Lost-in-the-Day
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Not so much a gift idea but I stumbled across this- http://gemdedude.deviantart.com/art/Dec ... -331655366 (credit to the guy/girl who's picture this is) and it struck me as a festive way to keep spiders away.
Stop Animal Cruelty this Christmas- http://lost-in-the-day.blogspot.com/201 ... stmas.html

clare
Living the good life
Living the good life

I made bottles of garlic and chilli oil and Basil oil as gifts last year great to cook with or the garlic one is great for dipping bread in very rustic I put it out when we have bbq's or friends over for drinks.I also put feta cheese in jars with herbs and garlic from the garden(oops in oil of course) again a great gift great tapas.The feta keeps like that for about 3-4 months so always date it and store in the fridge.
Busy making little things for the fabric advent calender........
Clare
Grow it,make it ,eat it, drink it and sleep well!

Lost-in-the-Day
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Not something I am ready to do this year as I have only recently started propagating, but for next year I thought about creating little natural cold remedy kits that include things like a bundle of eucalyptus bark, a small aloe plant and a jar of honey or something similar with little hand written notes saying what each can be used for.
Stop Animal Cruelty this Christmas- http://lost-in-the-day.blogspot.com/201 ... stmas.html

prison break fan
A selfsufficientish Regular

I love all these ideas, and would love to receive hand made gifts, but none of my family would appreciate them. One year I gave everyone Oxfam chickens, which went down like a lead balloon! pbf.

Flo

Yep I know the feeling pbf!

I think I have a family that for the most part lives by monetary value (sometimes pleading a deprived childhood :mrgreen: not entirely untrue of course but you would think it would give them more of an appreciation of what they do have than what they might have).

julie_lanteri
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Same here! Sisters didn't moan though when they got their hand knitted hats: cashmere-merino-silk blend... yeah, wouldn't complain either :p

Some people just don't "get it". For them, spending money is a way to show how much they care and therefore a handmade gift looks like trying to save money and it hurts their feelings (that's what I'm telling myself, they can't all be j*rks :p ) Plus, they often give expensive presents that we can pass on the following Christmas/birthday!

Mithril2
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie