Mittens

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

Mittens

I have been making mittens. (And also I've engaged with Photobucket! :cooldude: ).

I think I've shown you the gnome ones before so sorry for the duplication, this is them now they have been finished off properly and blocked.

And these are some Cthulu mittens, they are still blocking and a bit damp which is why my tension doesn't look perfect (also, my tension wasn't perfect). The gnome pattern I had to pay for but the cthulu pattern was free, although it is only the chart so you have to know how to knit mittens without a pattern (they aren't hard).

The Cthulu mittens are actually brown and lime green, it is quite cool in real life but is not showing up on my camera. The background is a crochet throw I am working on. For those of you who remember my other thread and were kind enough to measure your hands for me, you can see the gnome mittens are quite big, but tant pis, I like them. The Cthulu mittens are a bit small, clearly I am the Goldilocks of stranded knitting and the next ones will be perfect :cheers: .
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

little blue duck
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Re: Mittens

they're great ... I'm impressed (do I admit now that I cannot knit? At all. so jealous as well!)

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Excellent :D
:cheers:
I dont have the eyes (or finger skill) for colourwork
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

julie_lanteri
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

they are fab! have you already selected a pattern for pair number 3?

prison break fan

I think they are really lovely! Well done. I have just finished helping my 7year old grandaughter knit her doll a scarf. It has been a long and painful process, but she has gone home with it today as proud as Punch! pbf.

Susie

Thank you all :hugish: .

Julie, I thought I might have a go at the Kissing Koi mittens next, but I'm not sure the wool I've got is thin enough and I don't want to have to buy new, so I'm still deliberating. PBF, well done on teaching your granddaughter, I think I was that age when I learned. I bet her doll was very pleased with the scarf x
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

julie_lanteri
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

ooooo nice. some pretty colour combos on rav. I admire you: colourwork just scares me! I taught myself to knit a couple of years ago (I'm left handed so it was a struggle!) but now I can cope with cables and lace. maybe one day... :o)

JuzaMum
Living the good life
Living the good life

They are wonderful but surely mittens need to be on strings so not to lose them :wink:
Happiness isn't having what you want but wanting what you have.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

they're amazing! (could you linkielink to the cthulu chart please? as charts are interchangeable between knit, crochet and cross stitch!)
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!