leather viking shoes ;)

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

leather viking shoes ;)

when the zombie acpocalypse happens, i can keep us warm, fed and now shod. wicked. that leaves jim to do the 'ard bits like removing the head and destroying the brains of any zombies that want to eat our faces.....I am tired. can you tell?

leather offcuts: £4.50 including postage on ebay. about 2 hours work, first took looong time to work out foot shape, second was muuuch quicker.

used this tutorial ;)

http://earthandliving.blogspot.com/2008 ... rt-of.html
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Susie

Re: leather viking shoes ;)

MARVELLOUS.

Can you wear them outside?
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Mrs Flibble, they are great! Oh my goodness, I've got a load of red leather that was going to be a bag but now I think they're destined for shoes. They are so cool. Are they comfy? Are they sturdy enough to go out in? Did you add a sole or is it all leather like the tutorial?
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Keaniebean

Mrs F, will you marry me :iconbiggrin: . This could just be the answer to my YETI feet problem. I love you. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

Keaniebean

Ok I'm sooooo excited now, I just got myself some offcuts from Fleabay and some leather thonging ( although I might save that for the old man :wink: :lol: ). I gave you a BIG shout on my blog too Mrs F. your a bloomin angel! :angel13:
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

yes they are comfy! yes they stand up t outside use!

I wore them yesterday on squidge's school trip, pretty much 6 hours on my feet. it was wonderful... especially when my friend's shop bought shoes fell apart and she had to borrow the teacher's spare flipflops lol.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

matowakan
Living the good life
Living the good life

These I love the look off so now I know what to make from the spare leather and thonging I have!!
:icon_smile:

redglass
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

They look amazingly similar to 'ghillie' shoes (worn for traditional Scottish and Irish dancing). Although ghillies have a separate stitched-on sole and use fabric shoelaces, they do up the same way and are amazingly light and supple - they just shape themselves to your feet. The ancestry is there for all to see...fascinating.