About to expire from excitement

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Susie
A selfsufficientish Regular

About to expire from excitement

(Apologies to those of you who also read my blog because I'm likely to mention this on there as well when I next update :? ).

I've got patterns in both Sewing World and Sew Hip this month - different skirts, one made from upcycled scarves and one made from patchworked cotton jersey AKA my mum's old tshirts. I'm so excited to see my skirts on a model and all styled and everything! They look great! I daren't actually read either of the articles because I'm so terrified of having made a mistake in any of the instructions (I did proof and double check, but you know, I'm neurotic :wink: ).

I rang my mum to tell her and she was just on her way to do her Christmas shopping. She's just rung me all confused from WH Smiths and said 'Susie, you actually are in those magazines'. I think they think I'm a fantasist :cooldude: .
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Mylovelyhorse
Tom Good
Tom Good

Re: About to expire from excitement

That's absolutely brilliant! I'd be expiring too... in fact, I virtually am anyway on your behalf :flower:

I saw your tie skirt on your blog and thought it looked brilliant. If I ever wore anything other than jeans and thick pullies, I'd think about having a bash myself.

Have a big something nice to celebrate with.

MLH x

Cassiepod
Living the good life
Living the good life

I saw that scarf skirt pattern and thought how fabulous! I'm going to scour the charity shops for some nice scarves. Well done to you!

I'm in the midst of trying to make my first dress from scratch to my own pattern. It all came to grinding halt when the dance got cancelled due to the weather.... Need to get ti finished to get the sewing machine away for Christmas dinner at the table!

Congratulations to you!

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

That's brilliant news susie, well done you!! :cheers:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

fifi folle
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well done!!!! That's amazing!

red

:cheers:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Millymollymandy

Yipee, well done! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Susie

Thank you everyone! :hugish:

Mylovelyhorse, go for it with the tie skirt! I can't get a good photo of that one but it actually looks really brilliant in the flesh, as it were. I've just finished a custom order one for someone and it looked fab. Stupid me forgot to take a photo, I could kick myself...

Cassiepod, how exciting that you actually saw it! OMG! And I have a dress I'm making for myself that's been hanging about from last summer. You finish yours, I'll finish mine :wink: .
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

citizentwiglet

Well done, you! Saw the pics on your blog (which is brilliant, by the way!).........I REALLY want one of those skirts, but am, sadly, completely talentless. They are absolutely gorgeous, and I love your ethos about using fabrics that don't need to be dry-cleaned - my personal bugbear.

PS: Tried to 'follow' your blog, but it wouldn't let me. Buggers. I assume 'following' means that you get email updates? I can NEVER follow a blog if it's with Blogger/Blogspot. Does it know I am a Wordpress girl, or something?
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

Milims

WHat a very clever lady you are! :iconbiggrin: :flower:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Susie

citizentwiglet wrote: PS: Tried to 'follow' your blog, but it wouldn't let me. Buggers. I assume 'following' means that you get email updates? I can NEVER follow a blog if it's with Blogger/Blogspot.
Thank you for nice comments ;-). I like your blog as well, the post about homemade presents was hilarious. I think you have to have a google account to follow people - if you have a google account all the blogs you are following go into google reader, if you have a blogger account they end up on your dashboard as well.

Of course it might just be that Wordpress and Blogger are like the Sharks and the Jets :wink:.

Thank you Milims! :flower:
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

How exciting! and inspiring, too... My mum used to wear headscarves because the wind gave her earache, and she ended up with quite a collection, which I've inherited. They sit at the back of the wardrobe and I've been wondering what to do with them...

I love your blog, too. I've just signed up to follow it and it said: sign up with an existing account - gmail, twitter or yahoo. Don't know if that's any help to anyone.