Making my own clothes

Have you made something and want to show it off? This is the place for your photos or just talk about the things that you have made or would like to make. All crafts from knitting and crochet to woodwork, in fact anything that you have made!
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: Making my own clothes

Susie wrote:And my machine has a little diagram on it showing you how to thread it otherwise I'd never remember either.
Here's a little tip I was given, if you struggle to thread a machine. Always leave it threaded. If the new project needs different thread, don't pull out the old one, cut it off instead at the reel. Then tie the new thread to the old and pull through from the needle end (so that you use the old thread to pull the new thread all the way through the machine).

When I tried it, the knot was too big to go through the eye of the needle but otherwise it worked ok. You do waste a few inches of thread though.

Zoe

Susie

Thanks Zoe, will try that!

I made a dress over the weekend (the Kimono dress from Weekend Sewing) and although I sewed it ok it looks as if it was made for a Troll and not a Person. :dontknow: I have never seen anything so unspeakable. I could probably wear it if I had someone permanently following me about holding the back in, otherwise I look like I'm wearing a sack. I feel a bit comforted though that the person whose blog I've linked to above had exactly the same problem, so I think it might be the pattern and not just me! Anyway at least it's made of big enough pieces that I'll be able to reuse the fabric for something. Onwards and upwards! (And avoid this pattern unless you're 6 foot 5 and built like an Amazon).
blog
shop
that's it ;-)

theabsinthefairy

Just spent a couple of days adding to my summer wardrobe - the full how to is on my blog with photos.

http://theabsinthefairy.blogspot.com/20 ... urite.html

Just could not bear to part with a much loved tunic top.
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

seasidegirl wrote:.. I really struggled in my needlework class at school ..........
Me too :( however, when push and shove get together (for me it was no money for a wedding dress) it's amazing how easy it is without a critical person looking over your shoulder
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

theabsinthefairy wrote:blog
Ok I am now officially HUgEly envious of your workshop

:( :oops:
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

theabsinthefairy

I love it too - I think that it is the best gift I have ever received - and I do try to remember to thank my OH for the work he put into the conversion frequently.
2010 is my year of projects - 365 days and 365 projects.

You can follow my progress on
absinthe fairy blog

my photos are avavilable here
absinthefairy

my shop is available here
mojaziemia