Are Rats Bad?

Another section by popular demand. If you want to talk about anything else that grows that is not livestock, herbs, fruit or vegetables here it goes.
greenorelse
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 52.52
longitude: -8.9

Re: Are Rats Bad?

MKG wrote:I find Buddhism to be one of the least harmful in a bad bunch.
That's extremely well put. I agree.
MKG wrote:Anyway - I like rats.
Yep, I agree with that too. I've no reason at the moment to dislike them. :wink: All creatures have to live.

Synchronicitally (to make up an adverb), having just read this thread I then listened to a radio programme about a writer (J G Farrell) who moved to west Cork and thought he had a rat problem. A neighbour told him that the rats in their area 'didn't carry disease'.
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

oldjerry wrote:hmmm...... could you be the reincarnation of Willard..??!
:iconbiggrin:

Described as "Willard is a meek social misfit ... "

Sounds about right.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Big Al

I've looked at the books I have and the reference to killing rats was made in a booklet put out by a buddhist group known as following the NKT or new kadampa tradition. I found these at Darlington a good few years ago but they left a lot to be desired by myself so I went to a few meditation sessions but then dropped away.

One of their teachers was more concerned about his shoes getting dirty "because he had paid £150 for them" [ Attachment] and I kept cold water fish at the time and when one had swim bladder problems I asked if it would be better to end it's time or let it die naturally to which the answer was Can you not batter it with chips?
A third instance was that they were looking for donations to buy the house next door to theirs "to extend the temple rooms" One privatly said if we can get it at a good price the swimming pool will be lovely in the summer"

So maybe I was a little misguided with my comment about killing rats...... :roll:
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just looked up the 10 vows of the NKT. I fail on six of them. Ah well ...

I can see why your interest dropped away, Big Al. I think maybe Geshe Kelsang has a lot to answer for.

Mike

Big Al

MKG wrote:Just looked up the 10 vows of the NKT. I fail on six of them. Ah well ...

I can see why your interest dropped away, Big Al. I think maybe Geshe Kelsang has a lot to answer for.

Mike
Well it was my first look into buddhism and the north east is a dearth of everything so at first it was take what you could but then when I realised what the true meanings were I looked towards the Kagyu Samye ling monestry in Scotland.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

greenorelse

MKG wrote:Just looked up the 10 vows of the NKT. I fail on six of them. Ah well ...
I fail on some of them (not saying which!) but I reckon 99% of the human species would fail on all ten (and more...)

Cynical, me? Me??
There is no question. Cap and Share or TEQs is the answer. Even Cap and Dividend!

Millymollymandy

Can we have a link please?
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

greenorelse

No problem, two in fact Mmm! Either search here or look here.

Millymollymandy

Thanks, I reckon I'm more than halfway to becoming a Buddhist Nun! I can do most of them! Not sure what no. 9 means and I'm not too happy about giving up meaningless activity, I'm sure yabbering on an internet forum would be classed as that! :lol:

oldjerry

interesting link, obviously as far as becoming a buddhist is concerned,there's 10 reasons why I'm b*ll***sed...........now I'll just tap in s.a.t.a.n...................

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I think I managed one of them but that might only be because I wasn't sure what it meant :mrgreen:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

I'm not doing too badly on 'practice contentment' - I learn from my cat!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Millymollymandy wrote:Thanks, I reckon I'm more than halfway to becoming a Buddhist Nun! I can do most of them! Not sure what no. 9 means and I'm not too happy about giving up meaningless activity, I'm sure yabbering on an internet forum would be classed as that! :lol:
A nun? Of any sort?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

Big Al

Secret Asparagus binger

Millymollymandy

MKG wrote:
Millymollymandy wrote:Thanks, I reckon I'm more than halfway to becoming a Buddhist Nun! I can do most of them! Not sure what no. 9 means and I'm not too happy about giving up meaningless activity, I'm sure yabbering on an internet forum would be classed as that! :lol:
A nun? Of any sort?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike
How can you say such a thing? :shock: I'm a :angel13: