MP's Expenses

Politics, news, current affairs and anything else that you think should be here goes here.
hetty
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: MP's Expenses

Green Aura wrote

'not sure MPs are underpaid, Hetty, but I sure as sh1t think news readers are overpaid if they get 92K :shock:'

I don't think MPs are necessarily underpaid either but if they only mix with people from the media and big business that are paid large amounts they may see themselves as underpaid.

Rates of pay are a difficult subject. There is a feeling in society that some jobs are worth more than others and it doesn't seem to be related to what we would miss most if those workers weren't there.

invisiblepiper
A selfsufficientish Regular

Teacher after 15 years - £32.000 pa.
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

StripyPixieSocks

Nurse after 3 years £10,000 / year

invisiblepiper

StripyPixieSocks wrote:Nurse after 3 years £10,000 / year
That is a disgrace! :(
Two roads diverged in a wood
And I took the one less travelled by
And that has made all the difference.
(Robert Frost)

xone
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

This is all still going on. I drive a cab as one of my many jobs keeping wolfie from the door. I had the pleasure of picking up an MP last friday night from a restarunt where the cheapest thing on the menu is a plate of chips at £11, I'm not joking, they sell bottles of wine there for over £500.

I took him and his friend to his house in xxxxxx, the houses in this place are something else, you'd need to win the lottery twice to afford one. Anyway, mister mp asks me for a receipt. HAHA, how I laughed. After he'd paid me and tipped me £1.60 I turned round and asked why he required a receipt. He responded that he could claim it back, I pointed out to him that he'd just been entertaining himself and his friend in a place of exuberance which had nothing to do with his work and he's obviously going to claim for that but, if he didn't get out of my taxi right there and then, after showing so much cheek, he was about to feel the wrong side of one of his constituents hands and that he could now kindly sling his hook.

Edited by Admin to take out the names and addresses.

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

I do like, "kindly sling your hook"

Good for you xone, the bloody cheek of some people.

I don't think you have divulged any information that wouldn't be easily available to anyone who wants to know anyway, and you really shouldn't live your life in constant fear of terrorism or indeed of extra-ordinary legal action.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

StripyPixieSocks

Davy stephenson wrote:
StripyPixieSocks wrote:Nurse after 3 years £10,000 / year
This figures and what I have been saying about the minimum and the maximums,

Your 10,000 works out a a gross of 14,600 before tax, which means you are on a minimum wage for a 40 hour week
if you are only part time its different, whatever the case your are working for nothing, which fits my bill, if one
makes someone work for nothing and giving someone something for nothing doen't work,
Our national health system should be our single biggest most important factor, if we keep people out of work because
of savings and illness, we areall loosing, no one is paying tax while they are out of the system,

I can understand why nurses once qualified move to sunnier climbs, I don't look upon this as the staff letting us down when
they have got what they want, I look upon it as the system already failing them before they are actually qualified,

All this rambling ain't getting anything done, must get to work myself, don't be naughty :mrgreen:
That was my ex's standard take home pay for working shifts around the clock too because guess what... they stopped the bonus for night shifts because they needed to cut back on money.

Far be it for them to make a few pen pushers redundant no, it was a much better idea to take money out of the wages of nurses who quite frankly should be on a hundred times as much as they are for all the crap they have to put up with.

I could tell you some scare stories about how understaffed and overworked they are but I would never stop!

My ex OH worked in a stroke rehabilitation ward where for the first few years they had inadequate lifting gear for the patients and as such he can probably look forward to retiring through back injury in a few years time but HEY they have 5 new pen pushers to tell them how to save more money though in that time so that's OK!

My Dad was a Policeman for 30 years and they don't get paid enough to be spat at, stabbed and almost beaten to death (as my dad was when he was helping out at a Girl guide disco and some youths recognised him as a copper) either but the fact these people are putting their lives on the line is obviously nothing or worth compared with the <insert rude word here> sat on their fat overpaid asses in Parliament eh?

*VERY angry* :angryfire: :angryfire:

Myself and my OH are currently fighting an appeal for Incapacity allowance after it was stopped because a doctor who works for the government said he was fit for work. The fact he almost died not too long after with respiritory failure kind of put pay to her fraudulent answers but we have lived for the past year on just over £4000.00 and still had to pay our bills like everyone else and we managed to keep a car on the road too because I am disabled and cannot walk very far.

I haven't been able to afford to go and visit my parents who I miss greatly because petrol prices have been through the roof and I have struggled to buy things for my business (of which I make no money at the moment) and to think these... 'people' have been dipping into public money while telling us we are scum for trying to get benefits when we are fit for work (HA)... I am outraged and disgusted!

Millymollymandy

I have edited out the name and address of the MP as I don't think it is sensible to write it on a public forum.
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

xone

Davy stephenson wrote:
Not a very wise thing to say to a member of parliament especially if he is a lawyer and with witnesses abound, your £ 1.60 tipr could have been turned into a £ 160.00 fine for threatening behavior, and divulging the area where himself and his friends were being taken too on a public forum is also very stupid, in these times of terror, you have automatically given away their whearabouts, the places he revolves within and his movements, you would have done much better to have bitten your longue and bid him a good night, a no brainer for sure, if I were told what to do like that I would have your badge revoked in the blink of an eye, and you would be paying for my next bottle of wine.
Your roll over and have your belly tickeled attitude is wrong and shows others, including terrorists that the work they are doing is working. I really do mean this in the nicest way but you do need to grow a pair because being all apathetic about it allows people like these mps to take the pee pee and get away with it. You are, however, entilted to you opinion and I do respect that but bear in mind the the mp was out on his own time in a dinning facility that charges the earth with his friend which he paid for not on parliment business, he would be claiming that from your hard earned tax money, then because he's had a few to drink he gets a cab ride home and wants to charge that to you as well. COME ON?

xone

Davy stephenson wrote:
what are we judge and jury and executioner all rolled into one,
:
We should be, after all, we did vote for them to represent us. Lets bear in mind that also the attitude of siting back and doing nothing lets people like the mp's get away with it, after all, because they can, they do! We, as a nation, have slowly wittered away our rights a democratic socitey without even knowing it. Just take a look at the hunting ban, yes I agree with it, but as that was passed so was the banning of all people to protest in front of the houses of parliment, our government, all sneeky like and under the radar, you can't go anywhere near westminster with so much as a protesting badge. As to you have given up the right to silence, if you say nothing you'll still nicked for a crime that you my not have commited, for instance, speeding, you get a ticket and weather you like it you not you "will" tell them who was driving, even if you actually don't know!! Also, these so called terrorist laws!! haha are you having a joke, talk about a from of control, the police and stop and search you now and basiclly do what they like as they like and if it all gets a bit iffy they scream terrorist. There are many things we've given up in this country without you even knowing about it. It's also true that there are much worse places in the world, but hey at least they know it rather than mooching along oblivious to what our government are actually doing, even if it is claiming for a cab ride home.