Which wood burner

Anything to do with environmental building projects.
Tobywan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Which wood burner

Hi, this is my first post so would just like to say hello to all the lovely people on here.

I have a quick question which I'd like to ask. I'm building a cabin/studio on an island in the Thames down near Weybridge and I intend to put in a wood burner to heat and cook on. Recently I went camping at a Featherdown Farm in Suffolk and in all the tents they had what i reckon is the perfect wood burner. Great size and an absolute joy to cook on, and looks pretty good as well (most wood burners I find look either too 'olde worlde' or are uber modern & chic).Can anyone help me identify this stove..... links attached. For the life of me I can't find it on the web anywhere. All I know is that it may be Dutch. Alternatively, can anyone suggest a good stove to heat and cook on?

cheers m'dears x

http://flic.kr/p/8uStJG

http://flic.kr/p/8uPquF

http://flic.kr/p/8uSwo7

battybird
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Which wood burner

Hi and welcome to Ishers :wave:
Silly question, but why dont you phone featherdown farm?? :dontknow: I am sure they would share their source. Good luck :iconbiggrin:
The cockerel makes the noise, the hen produces the goods!! anon

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

hello :wave: :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Tobywan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

ruth56 wrote:Hi and welcome to Ishers :wave:
Silly question, but why dont you phone featherdown farm?? :dontknow: I am sure they would share their source. Good luck :iconbiggrin:
HIya Ruth..I did and unfortunately they didnt know. Featherdown Farms is a Dutch franchise that leases out these tents etc to various farms in the UK. I contacted the main office in Holland and they never got back to me :icon_smile:

boboff

It looks fairly old in constuction, and I would guess that its from a narrow boat/travelling environment. Maybe try googling those linked terms?
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

battybird

Tobywan wrote:
ruth56 wrote:Hi and welcome to Ishers :wave:
HIya Ruth..I did and unfortunately they didnt know. Featherdown Farms is a Dutch franchise that leases out these tents etc to various farms in the UK. I contacted the main office in Holland and they never got back to me :icon_smile:
What a pain..why cant these businesses be more helpful!! Hope you find what you want :flower:

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Good luck with finding out - I spent a while on google trying to find something similar and John Headstrong posted your picture on Facebook to see if any suggestions come from there.

I have to say, though, you will have to trim that beard if you're thinking of having a woodburner - you're a fire hazard :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Tobywan
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

thanks for all your suggestions guys. And thanks Aura and John Headstrong for posting on Facebook. Much appreciated :-)

And yes, I may have to do something with the beard..plats may work I think :iconbiggrin:

x

battybird

Hi Tobywan
An advert I had torn out of a magazine ages ago came to light today...showing a small kitchen woodburner... Monza Stove by Bronpi. I must have thought it looked pretty good!! Has twin hotplates, oven and grill above a small woodburner. Dont know if you found the one you wanted yet? :flower:

Thurston Garden

Welcome Tobywan!

I am looking for something similar too. What a good time to stick my head back into 'ish' and find this thread! (It's been too long...promise to do better!)

I had been looking at Clearview's Pioneer Oven, but I really need one to back up my solar water panels in the new house and on speaking to Clearview this morning, the Pioneer can take a boiler, but they don't recommend it.

BB - that Monza looks good - I will need to enquire a. if it can do a boiler and b. the price... looks expensive :-(
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

oldjerry

Up to couple of years ago this sort of kit was really common in northern Italy,last couple of years many have been dumped but you can still buy them new,there's a showroom full of them in Borgo- Val-Di-Taro, Italia (PA).I'm s'posedto be there in about 6 weeks if you're still not sorted e-mail me and I'll get some pics. prices etc.You can also get this wierd bathwater heater uses firewood and heats the cold water as it goes to the bath,like a camp kettle.

Thurston Garden

Tobywan - what about this?
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

abi-mama
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi All,
I imagine that you have sorted a wood burner by now, but if it helps to know we installed a Bronpi Monza stove January 2010. It is a great source of heat, the oven is fantastic, but we have been unable to get the stove top hot enough to cook on reliably. It is fine for heating things that do not need to rapid boil, beans, tinned soup, etc. For us this is not a problem, but if anyone knows how to do better with one of these I would be glad to hear your technique!
Good luck and keep warm!