Snow- absolutely none

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Durgan
A selfsufficientish Regular

Snow- absolutely none

There is absolutely no snow in my area. There is much snow within about 50 to 100 km in all directions, yet none had fallen in my area. We have had one minor snow storm during the last three months. This is totally abnormal for this area.
http://www.durgan.org/URL/?PKSKV Picture showing the only snowfall, and conditions today 1 January 2011.

Normally we are covered with several feet of snow at this time of year.

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Re: Snow- absolutely none

That's because it all came here in December! Maybe it fancied a change? :dontknow: However, we're heartily sick of the stuff now so any more that turns up, we'll redirect to you. :wink:

Seriously, there are some worrying trends on the weather front that are indicating some of the global warming tipping points may have already been reached. The higher level winds, such as the jet stream, seem to indicate this. :pale:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Millymollymandy

Re: Snow- absolutely none

That is quite astonishing Durgan but perhaps not so surprising this year. It's all fallen on the UK instead. :shock: Then there are all the floods in Australia after years of drought so something scary is going on with the weather.

Oh and I saw a news report from the southern states of the US where they had extreme snow too in places where they normally don't!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/