SUMA Co-Op Members Wanted in the Wiltshire

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular

SUMA Co-Op Members Wanted in the Wiltshire

Hi,

Fresh from reading the book 'not on the label' and generally hating supermarkets for their greedy, environmentally devastating habits and for destroying farming in this country (oops, nearly slipped into a rant there!) I am looking into buying all of my household staples (i.e baking supplies, dried fruit, brewing stuff, wine, oil, tinned stuff, loo roll...most things that aren't fresh) from Suma.

This (for those not familiar) is a wholesale ethical/environmentally sound/organic/quality supplier. The only snag is that you have to place a minimum order of £250, as they are wholesalers. (www.suma.com)

So, if anyone would like to join me in ordering once a month, they are welcome! I live in Chippenham, in North Wilts but I guess if folks are prepared to pick up, it could work in a wider area.

Please let me know if you are interested. I think it would work by circulating an order form and a catalouge (or viewing it online) and placing one big order monthly or even quarterly, then sorting them in my garage (or somewhere neutral) for distribution.

Thanks

Bonnie
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: SUMA Co-Op Members Wanted in the Wiltshire

Have Suma been bought out by aliens?

I thought they were a pretty right on company, but that link you posted, frankly, scared me. Do you have to sing the company song each morning before they let you buy anything?

Sorry, the food co-op bit is brilliant, several of us here get a regular order from Highland Wholefoods in Inverness, and others are involved in NEEPS. I don't know if they use these strategies - I doubt it. Shirley will be able to tell us.

I couldn't even find out how to order anything, it was all jargon.

However I wish you well Bonnie (or Thomas?), like I say food co-ops are brilliant.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Millymollymandy

You're right! You can't get any more corporate speak than that load of old rubbish. :shock:

Who is Suma?

Er where is the mention of organic or wholefoods that people can buy?

This is what they write, to tell you who Suma is:

SUMA Teamwork

Teamwork is a vital aspect of effective, whole-brain marketing.

Marketing research and strategic planning yield effective decision and action only when we achieve buy-in across your whole team.

SUMA marketing consultants empower teamwork to develop solutions, not theories. And once we start, we’re committed to seeing a project through, whatever it takes.

Are you sure there aren't two companies called Suma and you posted the wrong link? Cos I wouldn't want to buy anything from them!!! I'd rather go to Tescos because I think they can at least write their website in English. :roll:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

ha ha I think you should have posted the link to Suma dot co-op!!!!!

http://www.suma.coop/

And don't visit Suma dot org either, unless you are interested in urban municipalities in Saskatchewan! :lol: :lol: :lol:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

bonniethomas06

Oops! *does Basil Fawlty style hands over head crouch pose*

Sorry - and thanks.

Suma.coop is what I was referring to!

Would be interested to hear of anyones experience of the real Suma - or any ideas where to recruit members.

Thanks!

Bonnie
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

happyhippy

Hi Bonnie,I live in Atworth so pretty close to you.I just had a quick look at the Suma Website.Are you sure you can't just order for yourself?There are two places to order,Wholesale(which I could see there being a minimum amount of £250)but when I had a look at the "normal"avenue of ordering,I could'nt see any minimum?Anyway please feel free to contact me should you need more people,I might be interested?I have to say there is a great health food shop in Corsham,have you been?The do sell alot of great products.Its in the main street of Corsham.