BGG 2009 anyone?

Do you know about an event that you want to talk about? Is there a campaign you have started, are involved in or want to start? Inspired by Marvin Gaye this is your place to tell the world what's going on.
Super.Niki
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: BGG 2009 anyone?

The facebook event is here: http://www.facebook.com/editevent.php?p ... 3369221125 please join and post comments so we can all decide where to invade and hold a little mini-green-ishering! :flower:
If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Just posted this link on FB too.

http://www.schnews.org.uk/archive/news685.php
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Super.Niki
Living the good life
Living the good life

Nice link Shirley, gave more info than anything else we've had so far. Maybe I was being a little sinical yesterday? I don't know, something still screams "SET-UP" either form police or the behind-the-scenes organisers. Just little things like the thread on the shareholders forum about the closerure mysteriously disappearing yesterday (so Fee tells me) kinda makes me beleive that it's not ALL the nasty estqablishment's doing. It might be, it might not be, I'm not actually sure we'll ever know... :cry:
If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Fee sounds good, I may drop in... it sounds like the VESTA protest is going to be bigger than expected, calling it VESTAval or something like that.
So all in all I may bounce around a bit, and then send te bill to Avon & Somerset Constabulary, of course! :cooldude:
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

the schnews website has an interesting article that lays out most of the 'facts' (not that I'm doubting them, it's just there is a potential error).
Basically, the Police have organised a blow against the BGG that they will never recover from, but the orders are coming from somewhere else!
If you hav checked the BGG website, it says to not claim your refund (oh pitying cry of help), I believe they are sincere, and it doesn't sound like a way of making a last minute grab for cash. I will not be claiming my refund, and will help them get next year up and running as best I can!
Hopeflly by then the goverenment will have other things on it's mind/no longer be in power/have desolved completely.
As I ping from tree to tree I wonder... why do I seem to have transformed into a pinging tree-dwelling thing?

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll be claiming my refund - i asked a week ago on the shareholders forum whether they had cancellation insurance, and no-one answered.

I can't afford to book another festival, and even if they make annother festival available, i won't be able to go - i'm booked up until i go to China, so they'll have made £200 out of me without anything for me to show for it - and that doesn't include the £40 share that i hold.

I'm resigned to losing the share money, but i think that its pretty irresponsible of them to not have cancellation insurance, and that's not my problem.

Also, as a shareholder, we have been woefully underinformed about anything - the 'corporate entity' was voted in to be a silent partner, and to offer financial and planning advice. Instead, he put money in, and then as soon as the advance ticket sales had made the amount that he put in, he resigned. Hardly professional behaviour. From what i can work out (as i said, woefully underinformed), there was no advice forthcoming either.

Oh...and that refund stuff...funnily enough, there was nothing about refunds until i mentioned it on the shareholders forum. People who booked using a credit card, or through an agency have been fine, they can claime the money back from them. I paid directly to BGG by cheque to get the shareholders advanced sale tickets...

John Headstrong

a small update

facebook group is "Group Unavailable", the site has been cleared by police

there seems to be a change from BGG to many SGG (small green gathering) , but with the facebook group out of action these will be more difficult to find.

anyway, good luck people, find a group and party where ever you can, just logon and tell others!

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=121008129120

Is Martin Cosgrave a mmber here?

Apparently, we are now a 'small green gathering'...

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

very small green gathering...
everone seems to be making alternative plans.

Anyway...for refunds, email refunds@big-green-gathering.com

I've spoken to a lovely woman in the office today who also asked people to email the media to let them know about the treatment of BGG by the council.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

We're going to Rose Touring Park. We're booked in from tomorrow night til Monday.

Anyone who wants to meet up, please PM me and i'll give you my mobile number.

See you in a field!

gigglybug

I missed Fee's last post! :(

Would anyone who has Fee's mobile number be willing to PM me, and text my Mobile number to her?

Amanda

Facebook group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34623838139
If your near W-S-M please join!

wolfsong
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

anyone who can get this number to fee or other please do so, I won't be online tommorrow, on the move!

mob yumator relexitonicus
and no prank calls, or else :geek:
Last edited by wolfsong on Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

gigglybug

Fee just text me and I have passed on your number.
Amanda

Facebook group : http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34623838139
If your near W-S-M please join!