Feeling smug

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Feeling smug

Just got my act together finally and walked to the toddler gp at the end of the valley (2.5 miles away). Beautiful walk along the loch, took about an hour, then got a lift from halfway back as it had started to rain and one of the local mums was passing with an empty child seat on her way back from nursery! Beth had a great time, I wanted her to start toddlers as she will be going to nursery with the same kids at the same school in December so she will get to know them all first. But because I have no car I can only get there if I walk it...well I can get lifts at the moment but once I have the baby no-one has enough space in their cars as they all have multiple kids too.

So feeling fairly smug, although a lot of the mums think I am mad for walking it! :lol:

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Feeling smug

Esther.R wrote: So feeling fairly smug, although a lot of the mums think I am mad for walking it! :lol:
Brilliant! I used to walk that far just to the train and bus stations in Germany - when I wasn't cycling the 35km anyway... :lol: I know, people think one's mad for using the legs for what they were given us for!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I know, it was a nice easy walk, nothing hard at all, but everyone else drives it, each in their own car :roll: The local shop is about another mile along so I need to walk there next...that might be after the baby is born though (I am almost 6 months pregnant at the moment and my pelvis aches if I walk too much). I used to walk a lot but have got out of the habit of it recently since I was unwell after having my daughter (undiagnosed very underactive thyriod for a year) so am just getting my legs back into working order again!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

hey nice to hear you're up and about! our local toddler group is at the end of our little walkway so it's not far at all, but sophie is getting used to the walk to asda and back which is a 3 mile round trip.
I too have an underactive thyroid. bugger isn't it?!

*edited post 'cos I left out a single "n" which made me look like a numpty.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Esther.R
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

It is definitely a bugger! Although once it was diagnosed and stabilised I felt fantastic :lol: Mine has behaved itself well since it finally settled down so am pretty much back to normal now (well apart from being 6 months pregnant :lol: ). It was diagnosed as postnatal depression so I spent a year feeling absolutely foul, very very depressed and ill and exhausted, now all is well again I am picking everything back up and trying to get myself back to doing normal stuff again....mind you having a baby does make you get on with things! You'll have had the same thing MrsF - you might feel on death's door but you HAVE to get up and continue to function.

mother & toddler is a 5 mile round trip and that was ok, but I think the shop is about a mile further each way so I will have to work up to that one! :lol:

glenniedragon

I have and Underactive Thyroid, it started about the same time as I had DS2, apparently there is a Thyroid condition that is associated with pegnacy and your Thyroid can 'kick in' 2 years or so after birth of the child. Not in my case unfortunatly but apparently it does happen, so fingers crossed its a short-lived condition for you.

Stay well, kind thoughts
Deb

MrsD'ville
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Well done - the walk sounds beautiful. My plan post-baby is to walk into town for toddler groups, doctor's appts etc partly in an effort to walk off the flab. I walked to town and back on Saturday but was absolutely exhausted by it as the walk back is so incredibly steep. It's so steep that a normal, healthy non-pregnant person can barely speak while walking up it. I kind of feel I should avoid it from now on in case I do myself a mischief! Once I'm not pg any more I'll just have to get on with it!

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

My condition wasn't the pregnancy kind, it unfortunately run s in my family and even more unfortunately I had a doctor who didn't believe in it :roll: so I'm now at least 40% vitiligo (lack of pigmentation on the skin causing it to turn white) and would glow in a nightclub lol!!! My chest looks like a piebald pony. thankfully now I have a GP who understands and knows how to manage the problem, but they're stil trying to get my dose right.

I have found though that forcing myself to go out on a walk really does helop, especially if it's sunny.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!