Advice needed

Any issues with what nappies to buy, home schooling etc. In fact if you have kids or are planning to this is the section for you.
chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Advice needed

Dexter has been on solids a little while now. It was okayed by the GP and such as he was a big boy when born and carried on at 91st percentile. Now he's 6 months, we're still giving him purees and such, but also letting him feed himself finger foods. No new foodstuffs have been introduced recently, just the way they're served but he seems to be throwing up more of his milk than he used to :scratch:

He's not throwing up the food, just the milk and that's the same milk he's been on for months. (Couldn't bf due to breast lumps - they had to remover milk ducts a few years back)

Could he be trying to drink too much of it? Could it be because of teething? I dunno, I'm stumped. Can't remember the girls doing anything like this. But the poor fella sicked up 6 times yesterday.

becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Advice needed

Sorry to hear little Chap's icky, its a verrrry long time since mine were little, but with the weather beig warmer, could he be thirsty for water and therefore gulping milk and air,? its just a thought. :dontknow:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Maybe :dontknow: Will try offering him water before milk for tomorrow afternoon. Always seems to be the afternoons he does more than the little post-bottle milk sick, so I guess it could be he's still full up from lunch and thirsty rather than wanting milk.

Thanks. I'm guessing it's something simple I'm just not seeing so you could well be right.

Mrs H
Living the good life
Living the good life

Our first who's 5 now was quite like that. We gave him water instead of his milk during the day and it seemed to stop. Its so hard to know sometimes! If he isn't sicky with his meals then its definatly not a bug so I'd try giving him water during the day and milk with breakfast and before bed so he still gets his milky quota.
Our youngest is 17mths now and they r trying her with reflux meds currently so its something to keep an eye on. He sounds like he is thriving so I wouldn't worry too much. Xxx

Keaniebean

It doesn't sound like anything to worry about as his food is not coming up.

My eldest who is now 11 was almost fully weaned at 6 months because she was always just so hungry. When she was on the milk she was sick all the time, but still gained weight as she should. As long as he is clearly not under the weather or coming out with unexplained lumps bumps, rashes or fevers and gaining weight as he should be, I would think he will be fine. Kids seem to go through lots of little phases. Even though I have three, they have all been so different too, so try not to worry.

You may be right about the teething though, that definately may be a factor, but as long as he is not getting dehydrated he'll be good to go in no time.
Sarah.x

Come on over and see the fun at Troll Manor http://trollfamily.blogspot.com/ Now blogging once more :) after a little shove from the one and only MMM.