101 unlikely NEW Labour policies....

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
mew
Living the good life
Living the good life

101 unlikely NEW Labour policies....

1. NO to nuclear power
2. NO to airport expansion

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

3. shake up of imigration laws
4. making it law that the house of commons has to agree if we are to go to war; not just let the prime minister make the decision and everyone have to follow it.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Stonehead

5. Death penalty introduced for politicians who are mendacious, dishonest, cheating, deceitful, cowardly, immoral or who have fake tans and pearly white nashers...

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

6. support for hard working families.
Not just lard-ass lay abouts who can't be bothered to get a job, and who have never paid tax in their life... have countless children on the NHS, get housing benifit, free prescriptions and dental care, grants for wiping their arses (cause they are on income support) don't pay council tax, get enough dole money to have mcdonalds twice a week and at least 2 foreign holidays a year, and don't look after their brats who run around urban areas breaking into cars and houses.
Not for wealthy businessmen who can pay someone else to play the system for them... yes my 90 year old blind mother owns the house... free heating, free insulation, free emergency repairs, free damp treatment and free re-roofing... thanks very much

While all us suckers that choose to be honest scrape together every damed penny to pay for a safe and warm home for our families.
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Millymollymandy

7. Full index linked old age pensions to expats no matter where they live in the world.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

8. A return to old Labour.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

eccentric_emma

9. Only paying the politicians the national average wage (to encourage them to get employment and average wages up)

mybarnconversion
Living the good life
Living the good life

10. Commit to small government

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

11. Actually reduce bureacracy not just say they are going to and then doing the opposite.

Zoe

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

12. Implement proper sterile procedure in all hospitals - taught by the bloke that taught me!! They'd never go near anyone without gloves ever again, and the floors would be sparkling!

13. Shake-up the NHS and make people who can pay for private treatment only use private doctors, rather than consultants having a short list for those who can pay them money, and forcing those who cant to wait.

14. Proper community service.

15. proper policemen

16. More allotments for everyone, as well as lessons in schools about how to grow your own veg - this might alo have an effect on those who don't get their 5 a day, and those who need the exercise.

17. Licences to own cats, with acts similar to the dangerous dogs act. Preferably, with laws on where your cats can roam, and make it an offence for you not to pick up your cats' excrement - the same as it is for dog owners!

18. Better animal rights laws with custodial sentences for those found guilty of abuse.

19. better minimum wage, and encouragement for people to stay in their local areas (i've lived here 20 years, and i ca't afford to stay...).

20. Make Landlords provide homes, not buildings. Make it an offence for them to dictate to tenants about how they live.

21. better Anti-Social behaviour laws. INCLUDING builders who work next to people who work shifts - 7:30 am is NOT a good time to start drilling into the walls when i've only been in bed 4 hours...

22. more community pledges.

23. More pledges for the eldery. Especially those who fought in the war/worked at home.

24. Benefits systems will be explained to BRITISH citizens as well as those who have arrived here from other countries.

25. More focus on families - proper 2 parent families - maybe a move to halve child benefit if the mother doesn't know who the father is, or refuses to name the father... (personal experience here, my friend refused to name the father of her child, and is livinf off of you, me and every other taxpayer because of it. She's never worked a day in her life and doesn't intend to).

I think i need to stop there...

Clara

26. How about an anti-social(ist) stereotypical middle-englander "but I´m a taxpayer" whinging legislation. c´mon guys certain of these posts are a bit fascist don´t you think?
baby-loving, earth-digging, bread-baking, jam-making, off-grid, off-road 21st century domestic goddess....

...and eco campsite owner

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

I've written about 4 replies to that, but i can't word it right. i'll think on my reasons a bit more and explain later.

mew
Living the good life
Living the good life

27. Call elections to give the people the right to choose their prime minister

johnM
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

mew wrote:27. Call elections to give the people the right to choose their prime minister
Under our democratic system, we vote for our local MP and the party with the majority forms a government.

We don't have a president in this country and therefore we don't vote for that one person to run the country but our MP and the party that they belong to should :roll: be our representative within the parliament.
John

mew
Living the good life
Living the good life

27a. call an election and let us choose our local MP, so hopefully others can too, and then hopefully we all agree and get the useless ones out! I stand corrected :wink: