101 legal and free things for bored teenagers to do

101 Uses For is popular and let's hope it stays that way. Our second book is presently called 101 tips for self sufficiency; we will certainly dip into this section for ideas. So post away and let's try and get at least one thread up to 101.
crowsashes
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: 101 legal and free things for bored teenagers to do

mostly things i did... for starters the legal ones

72. build a 'rope' swing out of anything you can get your hands on, with customary old tyre.
use said swing to get across the river to school every day, show up to school soaking wet because rope swing broke.. :lol: , laugh hysterically as your mate who also fell in finds a leech on part of his anatomy he'd rather not have one! :lol:

73. play knock door run and royally p*** off the neighbours... :oops:

74. play football in the street..(seriously my neighbours atm complain like hell because kids are playing! )

75. sit and ponder the meaning of life or just stare blankly into space! its good for the soul and i did plenty of it myself! :roll:

76. race your mates down a hill in improvised vehicles.. for us it was abandoned shopping trolleys or the bread crate things with wheels on!

77. build towers and forts out of milk crates and pallets. ( had hundreds of these where i lived! most of the time it was a case of stacking them as high as we could and see who made it to the top first!)

78. walk! my friends and i used to trek along a stretch of river.. few miles either way we always managed to have fun just by the group of us being together!)

79. hedge diving! good old privet hedges were great for this :lol:

80. get our bikes out and build jumps and what not.

81. figure out how to cross that pipe that spans the river without getting wet! (ok so not every one can do this but i spent a summer improving my balance just to do it!)

in all honesty i am surprised looking at that list how i NEVER broke a bone! :lol: :lol:

the illegal ones included drinking, smoking.. and some 'minor' trespass...

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

As my Mum used to say:

"Only boring people get bored!" :lol:

Sounds like the vast majority of the people who've posted on this thread are very interesting people instead. :wave:

Anybody fancy joining my new rap group - The Condescending Middle Class Garden Gnomes? :lol:

Zoe

boboff

I am sure that would be very sweet Zoe, but I have Palettes and have to run Jeffrey & Pippa to lots of after school stuff.
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

Millymollymandy

Oi don't you dare be rude about palettes, that's wot we Breton peasants play at our social gatherings!!!

I haven't googled germaloids yet but I immediately thought it was some kind of pile cream! Off to google......
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

Oooooh it is a pile cream! :lol:

And sorry Boboff, it's palets we play. Had to google correct spelling. Don't pronounce the T you know. :wink:

boboff

I meant that "inner core" crap thing bored single 30' somethings go to?

I am sure any Breton game is which involves wine and 'avin a laugh is far superior to that!.

I keep my pile cream in the fridge, sometimes mistaken for Mayo..............
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Never the other way around? :lol: :lol:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Millymollymandy

Boboff, I have a feeling you mean PILATES. *big smile*

Millymollymandy

Thomzo wrote:Anybody fancy joining my new rap group - The Condescending Middle Class Garden Gnomes? :lol:

Zoe
No way!!!! I would never wish to be associated with garden gnomes. :lol:

snapdragon
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

Millymollymandy wrote:58 (as well as doing most of the things that baldybloke did, we also used to ) Hang around inside the local laundromat complaining there is nothing to do..... :lol:
:lol: y'know I'm reading all this, I don't remember ever being bored, or complaining of being bored, had friends and places to go (walking or the occasional bus), paper round weekly from 11 and mornings and evenings from 13, and siblings to look after, and housework and shopping to help with. Lived in a perfect place for teens too
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

baldybloke
Living the good life
Living the good life

Even if I ran out of things to do, I always had a book on the go. In the early years, Enid Blyton and Stowell Styles, then progressing to Alistair Maclean and Hammond Innes. There was always the Youth Club once a week and Saturday cinema club.
What is so gauling is that the older we get, the less time we have to play.
Has anyone seen the plot, I seem to have lost mine?

that_sarah_girl
Tom Good
Tom Good

crowsashes wrote: 79. hedge diving! good old privet hedges were great for this :lol:

Make sure there isn't a wasps nest in there first!
ahh memories...

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

baldybloke wrote:Even if I ran out of things to do, I always had a book on the go. In the early years, Enid Blyton and Stowell Styles, then progressing to Alistair Maclean and Hammond Innes.
I'm so glad that someone else confessed to liking Enid Blyton. I didn't dare do so on my own, but the Famous Five were my favourite by far.
baldybloke wrote:What is so gauling is that the older we get, the less time we have to play.
Yup - unless, of course, you have a mid-life crisis and jack your job in. Then you can play all day - I can't wait. :cheers:

Zoe

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

before I knew better... I used to take my mums spuds to coax the horses (well ponies I suspect) to come to me, then I would spring onto their back and hang on for dear life while they sped around what I now know was about 50 acres. I don't ever remember falling off ( think spiderman) but cannot reasonably believe that I didn't.
Before you ask I did not know that spuds were poisonous to horses but mum never had carrots and she would have noticed an apple missing.
Attachments
This is me as an adult still pony riding
This is me as an adult still pony riding
9thaug.jpg (20.27 KiB) Viewed 8447 times
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Millymollymandy

Thomzo wrote:
baldybloke wrote:Even if I ran out of things to do, I always had a book on the go. In the early years, Enid Blyton and Stowell Styles, then progressing to Alistair Maclean and Hammond Innes.
I'm so glad that someone else confessed to liking Enid Blyton. I didn't dare do so on my own, but the Famous Five were my favourite by far.
Mine too - I loved the Famous Five :cheers: - what's wrong with saying that? It's not anything that needs to be 'confessed'. :dontknow: I think those of a certain age just grew up with Enid Blyton, period. Much better than Harry Potter (not that I've read any Harry Potter books). :mrgreen: