Onion chutney

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Onion chutney

Realy enjoyed the carmalised onion chutney I made in the summer with my prize winning onion.
Just wish I knew what went into it apart from the onions and the fruit left over from my summer fruit flavoured vinegar. It is really yummy and goes well with the local derbyshire cheeses from Bakewell farmers market..
Put my last pot of it in a home made food hamper for my ex house share freind along with my last couple of giant butternut squash, a Turks turban pumpkin and various other home made Jams , chutneys and vinegars. Not forgetting my special prize winning raspberry and chilli vodka.
It will be good to catch up with the gossip and have a great meal ( she is a fantastic cook) and will work wonders with the above goodies.
We did daft things like Cook a pigs head for a party once when we were at uni.
The good old days.( we finished uni in 1982 but once we get together it's like we are still house mates. Trouble! Getting excited.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Re: Onion chutney

It sounds like you've been winning lots of prizes - well done.

I'd be very happy to receive such a hamper. Produce meets cook - always a happy combo. :iconbiggrin:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not so bonkers cooking pigs heads.
My reward for brawn making was always the pig cheeks..the best part of the entire animal.Haven't had any for 3 years,when the last pigs went.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

There's a really good recipe for a red onion marmalade here

http://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... ade#p74425

which might help jog the grey cells into remembering how you made it, pp. And if it doesn't it's delicious anyway.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin