Stir Fry

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Lou8
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Stir Fry

This isn't a recipe - I just wanted to tell you about my tea tonight. Got loads of stuff from a neighbour's polytunnel this evening so I just made it into a stirfry within minutes of it being picked and it was gorgeous - carrots, onion, mange tout, garlic, spinach, pak choi and white radishes.

So healthy.

I want a polytunnel. :roll:

ina
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Stir Fry

Lou8 wrote: I want a polytunnel. :roll:
So do I!
:oops: Oh, I forgot, I sort of have one. Well, the use of one. But not half as much veg in it... And the ground is all plastic, so I can only grow stuff in pots.

PLUS: A BLOODY RABBIT WAS IN IT TODAY AND HAS EATEN EVERYTHING THAT WAS TOO CLOSE TO THE GROUND! Grrrrr...... Told the cat what I think of that. It's her job to keep the bunnies out! So far it's not been a problem, as the tunnel itself is surrounded by a (so far) rabbit-proof fence.

But I agree - stir fry cooked from really fresh like that is the best meal I can think of, too!
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Millymollymandy

Yum yum - I'm dreaming of my summer stir fries! Not got there yet though!

Hillbilly
Living the good life
Living the good life

They're fantastic aren't they! I have serious polytunnel lust at the moment too. Have sourced the one we want - now just to save up for it! :mrgreen: