Honey & Mustard Sausage

You all seem to be such proficient chefs. Well here is a place to share some of that cooking knowledge. Or do you have a cooking problem? Ask away. Jams and chutneys go here too.
Steve Hanson
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
latitude: 46260984
longitude: 01440132

Honey & Mustard Sausage

Honey & Mustard Sausage

So first you will need an ordinary sausage meat mix as we are self supporter we do not need to put any rubbish in the mix just 60% lean meat or better and the rest in good old back fat plus salt to taste.

10Kg of the above
100g of English mustard powder
500g of local honey or better still next year our own

Mix all of the above together well.

Now stuff your homemade sausage skin with the mixture, cook in a medium oven of fry on a low heat for 20 minuets. This was our second year of making this sausage and its still a real stunner moist and slightly sweet with a wonderful subtle after taste of the mustard with just a hint of heat. Its great for everyone even the children. Pork Farms Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo?
Simple, Economical and Purposeful Living

http://www.permacultureeden.com/

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.
Kahlil Gibran
steve@permacultureeden.com

wulf
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sounds tasty but how about some instructions on basic sausage making for those of us who've got a way to go before even thinking about adding flavours.

Also, 10Kg of sausage meat sounds like a lot for working on a home scale (although from the look of your website, you've got a pig farm to enable you to work larger) - presumably these things can all be scaled down? 10Kg of sausages is more than I get through in a year!

Wulf

Steve Hanson
latitude: 46260984
longitude: 01440132

New link

Hi Wulf

It’s been one of things I have been meaning to do for some time, and after your comments I decided to get it done tonight.

I added a link to my website tonight on Sausage Making I hope it is of help to you and of course anyone else you care to mention it to.

Best wishes
Steve
Simple, Economical and Purposeful Living

http://www.permacultureeden.com/

Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.
Kahlil Gibran
steve@permacultureeden.com