The Self-sufficientish Bible

By popular demand - The book review section.
Ratty
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: The Self-sufficientish Bible

I think I'll start a new thread in Whats Going On to talk about a Midlands meet up. Please join in there! Thanks :mrgreen:
:flower: Ratty

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/in_memory_of_joeb - Raising money for charity selling lots of things! Please take a look!

Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

YES!!!!!!!!!! Today my copy arrived through bol.com (property of bertelsmann, who also own amazon if I am right). I am real sorry it isn't signed but who knows what chances the future brings.
I am absolutely chuffed with my copy, and you guys did a good job on it..........amazing all the topics you got covered AND it's so inspiring things start to itch!!!
Thanks for such a wonderful bible ........I will enjoy it bit by bit.

cheers
berti

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Berti wrote:YES!!!!!!!!!! Today my copy arrived through bol.com (property of bertelsmann, who also own amazon if I am right). I am real sorry it isn't signed but who knows what chances the future brings.
I am absolutely chuffed with my copy, and you guys did a good job on it..........amazing all the topics you got covered AND it's so inspiring things start to itch!!!
Thanks for such a wonderful bible ........I will enjoy it bit by bit.

cheers
berti
that's made my Day thank you.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Berti
Living the good life
Living the good life

that was an absolutely, utterly PLEASURE, Andy!!! please keep writing.
berti

Rod in Japan
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have a question about the content.

The Amazon review says it covers bees.

Does it cover Top Bar Hives at all? And does anybody on this forum have any experience with them?

Thanks!

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rod in Japan wrote:I have a question about the content.

The Amazon review says it covers bees.

Does it cover Top Bar Hives at all? And does anybody on this forum have any experience with them?

Thanks!
Best off asking in the Livestock section about bee's I know that there used to be some beekeepers about.

As for the bee keeping section, I wrote that and it is just meant really as reference showing what to expect for the beekeepers year. covers 2 pages. As I suggest in the text it might be worth finding a local beekeepers association not sure about Japan - but in the UK try - http://www.bbka.org.uk could be a good starting point.
and...... Twitter

deborah
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I got my copy yesterday, found it on the cookbook shelf in a big bookstore. And all I can say is..... WOW ! It's even better than I expected.

The idea of self sufficiency ( ish or not ! ) was daunting, even though it was something I had been more than just interested in for a very long time. But in this book there's no talking down to us readers, it's just straightforward-talking-to-a-friend stuff. The ideas are swimming round my head now, it's all I can think about ! Right now I have to start small, I only have a tiny walled yard & who knows how long I will be on the list for an allotment ( I talked to the bloke in charge today, he was very positive, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its months, rather than years. )

But the point is that even if its only tiny steps, I can start.

And it's this bloody amazing book that made me see that.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

deborah wrote:I got my copy yesterday, found it on the cookbook shelf in a big bookstore. And all I can say is..... WOW ! It's even better than I expected.

The idea of self sufficiency ( ish or not ! ) was daunting, even though it was something I had been more than just interested in for a very long time. But in this book there's no talking down to us readers, it's just straightforward-talking-to-a-friend stuff. The ideas are swimming round my head now, it's all I can think about ! Right now I have to start small, I only have a tiny walled yard & who knows how long I will be on the list for an allotment ( I talked to the bloke in charge today, he was very positive, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its months, rather than years. )

But the point is that even if its only tiny steps, I can start.

And it's this bloody amazing book that made me see that.
:oops: Thanks Deborah.
and...... Twitter