are shreded documents recycled in normal paper bin ?

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
newbiemum05
Tom Good
Tom Good

are shreded documents recycled in normal paper bin ?

I know it's a bit of a silly question but they are so fussy about what goes in each bin, would shreded letters etc be able to go in my normal paper bin for recycling ??
~I came, I picked, I preserved~

~If I always try harder than yesterday to make a difference in the world, one day I might just make it~

Chickpea
A selfsufficientish Regular

I suppose different councils have different requirements, so you should really check. But in general I'd say yes, put them in the recycling bin. That's what I would do, if I didn't put them on the compost heap or use them for chicken bedding.

Ranter
Living the good life
Living the good life

Yes, I'd gowith chickpea's advice & check. Here in Leicester I put shredded paper in the recycling bin & it's collected without fuss.

Merry

I put my shredded paper in the compost - it helps to keep it open and aerated as well as composting down.

LSP
Tom Good
Tom Good

My council would collect shredded paper if it is in a carrier bag (!!!).

We also have a brown bin for compostibles. If you have the same, I suppose you could also wrap it up in the largest piece of newspaper you can find and put it in there for the council workers to collect.

I've just shredded two binfuls. Why do credit card and other companies send you promotional literature with all your personal details already on there and these now have to be carefully shredded to avoid identity theft? :(
the hanky lady at Organic-Ally and OrganicAlly.Blogspot

Shirley

LSP wrote: I've just shredded two binfuls. Why do credit card and other companies send you promotional literature with all your personal details already on there and these now have to be carefully shredded to avoid identity theft? :(
I don't know, but I think it's about time that it was stopped.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/