Re-using old tee shirts

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re-using old tee shirts

Some ideas on this site....

Can't say that up-cycling old tee shirts is something I'd do. Old tee shirts to me are rags, but there again if you have some old hessian I suppose you could make a rag mat.

You can tell I wear things out can't you?

ina

Re: Re-using old tee shirts

Same here. I don't understand people who actually spend money on buying cloths for cleaning - that's what old t-shirts are for! And old vests etc... And it would probably be more difficult to find old hessian - not much around of that these days, so you'd have to spend money on that, too... Old shirts, jumpers etc are good for pets to sleep on, too.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Jove
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

the shirts that are still wearable are being used for gardening, the really beaten ones can have many new use : to clean my shoes, to clean up the mess after a paintjob :? , general cleaning of equipment, etc....

ina

Jove wrote:the shirts that are still wearable are being used for gardening, the really beaten ones can have many new use : to clean my shoes, to clean up the mess after a paintjob :? , general cleaning of equipment, etc....
I use "holey" t-shirts as pyjama tops, too... And as underwear. What the heck - nobody sees it but me! :mrgreen:

And by the time they resemble fishing nets, they are rags.

And at the very end of their life (unless they are stiff with paint), they go on the compost. Same with woolly jumpers.
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)