sewing excitement

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sewing excitement

I was really lucky. My treadle is converted to electric so it can do both (apparently, during the miner's strikes, the man's wife used to switch to treadle when the power went off).

PJ trousers are so simple and easy. Get some cheap flanelette and they'll be really warm, or get some nice plain cotton or jersey to make some palazzo trousers :icon_smile:

I made some PJ shorts the same way a couple of weeks ago from some sheet material.

Silver Ether
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

How lovely all this sewing going on ... keep at folks .... :icon_smile:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

Mustardseedmama
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have been sewing since I was 13,...and now my 11 Y.O. DD is learning. It's a wonderful skill to have don't you think?
What if you're wrong? What if there's more? What if there's hope you never dreamed of hoping for?
Nichole Nordeman----Brave

yvette
Living the good life
Living the good life

I do wish that sewing lessons at school had been a bit more inspiring. I had a few bruising experiences which put me off completely (like having to make a school dress with a pattern which did not go up to my size - and rather than learn how to alter the pattern I had to just make the garment that I could not wear).
But funnily enough it wwas my size which propelled me in desperation back to my sewing machine in my late teens - I could never find stuff in the shops to fit (apart from crimplene tents) so I had to sew. Now, though, I am so glad i have this skill.

Povester
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Very inspiring, I'm going to try and do the same. I never buy new clothes anyway, all hand-me-downs, charity shops or ebay. But it would be nice to give a new breath of life to old stuff. And maybe with this new outdoor way of life I will lose a bit of weight and need to take my old clothes in!