shreaded paper for the chooks???

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: shreaded paper for the chooks???

Mrs H wrote:We use shreddings to bed all our animals! It works a treat. Many large companies pay to dispose of their shreddings so are generally more than grateful if you ask them for it. Xx
When I worked for a large insurance company I asked if I could take the shredded paper home for the chooks. The woman in charge of client confidentiality said that this was the weirdest request she'd ever had but had to say no as they couldn't then guarantee that the information contained on the SHREDDED paper would remain confidential.

I did try to reassure her that my chickens couldn't read and that, once they'd finished with it, nobody else would ever try to reassemble the documents. Still the answer was no. :dontknow:

Zoe

Lentil
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: shreaded paper for the chooks???

If you shred newspapers across the page, it is quite easy to do it by hand. If you do this into a lowish tub whilst on the phone (handsfree), talking to visitors, watching TV, etc. you don't need extra time to do it.