How do you say thank you to freecyclers?

Want to talk about how to keep stuff out of landfill? Here is your place to do it.
Rosendula
A selfsufficientish Regular

How do you say thank you to freecyclers?

I'm a newbie to Freecycle and I must say it felt really good to give away my bread maker. The lady who took it sent me a text message the next day to say she was eating home made bread for breakfast which was lovely.

Now I've received a bike trailer which I put a wanted ad. on for. Of course I said thank you, but I'm wondering how other people show their appreciation when they get receive something?
Rosey xx

Milims

Re: How do you say thank you to freecyclers?

I suppose it depends on what you are given. I know that when we were given a cast iron stove we took a bottle of home made vodka as a thank you. Sometimes I take some home made jam or ketchup or a home made cake. We've had a bottle of wine as a thank you. I think sometimes people are really surprised and rather pleased by a gift
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Milims

Opps - jusr re-read that - I should have said raspberry vodka - we don't have a still hidden away I promise - hmmm - wonder if one would ever come up on freecycle! :mrgreen:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

StripyPixieSocks

I usually put a thankyou on the Freecycle page and e-mail them also... but it depends on how much time I get.

My MIL gave away one of those George Forman grills and the guy texted her to say thankyou as he was eating the best bacon sandwich he'd had in a while cooked with it! :mrgreen:

Thomzo
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

I've given away quite a lot of stuff. Most people just say thank you but one person sent me an e-mail when they got home to say they'd used whatever it was and were really pleased with it. That was a really nice touch.

I think it probably depends on what you are getting. Everything is supposed to be free so no present is necessary but if you are getting a real dream item then I'm sure the giver would be delighted with a small token and a text or e-mail.

Cheers
Zoe

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

When the bloke came to collect an old computer desk from me last March, he gave me an small easter egg!

I loved it :lol:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

lsm1066
Living the good life
Living the good life

We usually put a Taken or Received message up. You can do it through the Freecycle message maker.

Millymollymandy

We've only used Freecycle the once but got rid of 4 items all within 20 minutes - amazingly the 3 takers just happened to come one after the other! We were so chuffed at how well Freecycle worked we didn't need or think about any extra thank yous - just getting rid of stuff taking up space here was thanks enough!
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

barefootlinzi
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I dont take things from freecycle (have enought junk already :mrgreen: ) but i am always getting rid of stuff on there. We once rehomed our pond fish on freecycle and I got a nice email from the lady who took them to say that they had all survived the journey and were enjoying their new lake :)
There is no other organ like the uterus. If men had such an organ they would brag about it.

Earth mama to two beautiful boys

becks77

We use freecycle a lot both for offered and wanted, we ususally send a thankyou to the person via email and the whole site and sometimes take some homemade something by way of a thank you if its in reply to one of my wanteds......dtms?
:flower:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

jennyfifi
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks for your sharing. Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3 - Sonnerie portable MP3 est en effet un pouvoir de l'innovation technologique. Êtes-vous familier avec cette sonnerie portable?gratuit pour mobile sonnerie portable mp3

TheGoodEarth
Living the good life
Living the good life

I received a nice bottle of wine and a box of choccies for giving away a double glazed window. Wasn't expecting anything so was pleasantly surprised. Have always received an email saying thank you.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery

kiwirach
Living the good life
Living the good life

when i went and collected the shed i got from freecycle, i took the lady a bunch of flowers....i wanted to do more than just say thank you for such a big and, to me, important item.