Wood burners using wood pellets

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Green Rosie
Living the good life
Living the good life

Wood burners using wood pellets

We are thinking about installing a wood burner heating system which burns wood pellets. Still at the very early stages in researching this. I wondered if anyone had any experience of using this form of wood burner.

snapdragon
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 51.253841
longitude: -1.612340

no experience sorry Green Rosie, I did look at some websites and couldnt find one that would work in my mid-terraced house
Certainly sounds like a sensible use of fuel, much of which would be classed as waste product otherwise
Say what you mean and be who you are, Those who mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind
:happy6:

Fahrenheit
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi there,

They're supposed to be a very good way to heat your home. The pellets burn a lot more completely than a log thus making your stove a lot more efficient. Due to them burning cleaner your stove and chimney stays cleaner.

The main issue based around pellet stoves is the supply of wood pellets. There are only a few companies supplying them so make sure you can get them where you are. To be honest though with all the mail order companies nowadays you could get hold of them in the highlands of Scotland!

I plan on heading down to a major pellet stove manufacturer this year to complete their course and start installing them.

They've been using them for years in Sweden and they're a million miles ahead of us on efficiency and environmental issues.
Chris Phillips - Fahrenheit Stove Installation & Chimney Services - www.fahrenheits.co.uk