Cost of solar PV?

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
JT101
Tom Good
Tom Good

Cost of solar PV?

What sort of price should I be looking at for solar PV 4kW system?

All the quotes online I've seen were in the region £15-£18k.

But I've seen talk of as low as £10k. I've even seen a guy who seems to be an installer break it down as follows:

"21p is still a bloated rate. I install a 3.96 Sharp panel system, Fronius inverter, pay the electrician scaffolder and roofer and have change of £7K.. I charge my customer £10,500 pay the vat man £500 and I have a very tidy £3K for profit sales and marketing. Customer makes 10% and a 10 year payback and is happy to "save the planet" The only people bleating here are the FREE SOLAR fast monet financiers and high overhead double glazing converts. Small scale local installers can still make money by charging a reasonable price that will alow the customer a 10% 10 year payback return. Stop your bleating, we all know that labour set the FIT's way too high and the coalition could have cut more than they have."

I am in London, so I guess it's going to be tough to not get ripped

confused
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Re: Cost of solar PV?

I had mine fitted 2 weeks ago 3.6 system 16 panels , £11,300. fitted in 4.5 hrs, i'm well pleased .

trappa

We got ours fitted yesterday. 2.2KW, £6.5k. 8 panels, would have got more but didnt have space, velux window in the way.
Well pleased with it. :icon_smile:

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

At the weekend I was given an estimate of just under £10k for a 4kw system. Sainsbury's are charging £9,999 for a much smaller system.

Zoe