Fire in Wood stove

Solar energy, wind turbines whatever it is then here is your place to talk about it.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Fire in Wood stove

boboff wrote:I had to give in with the fire my OH was threatening to use the Tumble Drier!

I would rather burn a few logs to dry the clothes than use that.

When the kids say they are cold, they put another jumper on.

After October half term, that's when the fire should get lit!
It never did me any harm when I were a lad... born in '61 it was '84 before we even had an inside bog and proper toilet rolls !!

Centrall heating came then also and I had more colds that hot dinners [ we couldn't afford to light the oven we was so poor] then I got married and moved out into a house with no inside bog or central heating... It were grand when I were a lad.....
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

paul123456
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello there ,

if more people would have a wood stove ,
just been watching BBC , there was something about 3000 people a year die because of no being able to pay the energy bill .
That's how far we've got . Next there was a part about Aberdeen and the oil boom since 1975 , seen the Queen open the first
pipeline and it was said UK could be self sufficient for energy . Things changed since then ?
Now Eu is giving billins to Greece and let their own inhabitant's die of cold and hunger , nowaday's more people die from obesitas
than from hunger , what went wrong ?

regards ,

Paul

pelmetman

Big Al wrote:
It never did me any harm when I were a lad... born in '61 it was '84 before we even had an inside bog and proper toilet rolls !!

Centrall heating came then also and I had more colds that hot dinners [ we couldn't afford to light the oven we was so poor] then I got married and moved out into a house with no inside bog or central heating... It were grand when I were a lad.....

Luxury :mrgreen: .........When I was a kid 6 of us lived in a 2 bed rented flat, over my old mans shop.............Yet the council house kids thought we were middle class as my parents had their own business :shock: ...........little did they know I would of loved to have my own bedroom and a garden as they did then :roll:
Kind Regards
Pelmetman Dave
Pelmetlady Sue
Pelmetdog Troy