Collecting Wood for woodburner

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
johnb1
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Collecting Wood for woodburner

Part of my foraging involves the collection of what can be described as kindling. You can only have so much kindling before it becomes firewood albeit only an hours worth. If you are walking along a footpath or a road it will be classed as foraging. There is no actual law on foraging just a court ruling so it may not include wood. Personally I have a few dark woods on regular walks which have plenty of fallen branches. I hit the branches against a tree to produce the appropriate length of wood for my wood burner. Most of the time I am trespassing, when I am not, I am not on a footpath anyway. Farmers don't care about you trespassing as long as they don't know about it!!!

johnb1
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Collecting Wood for woodburner

I forgot to mention I have about 2 years worth of firewood. All of which was going to landfill. Nearly all geenheart apart from some treated softwood which I can't bring myself to burn.