my new blog

Foods for free. Anything you want to post about wild foods or foraging, hunting and fishing. Please note, this section includes pictures of hunting.

Sorry to say that Selfsufficientish or anyone who posts on here is liable to make a mistake when it comes to identification so we can't be liable for getting it wrong.
welshmum
Tom Good
Tom Good

my new blog

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 pm

well i am taking the plunge and starting a blog. i am going to right down all the recipes i use as i use them. hopefully i can look back at it next year and use it to remind myself of what worked, what didnt, etc...

becks77
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: my new blog

Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:27 am

Great idea, my kids let me know what they like and dont and then I forget!
Is there a link ?
:flower:
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

okra
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 35.0
longitude: 33.4

Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:36 am

Great idea - I find the recipes on my website invaluable and keep referring to them

welshmum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:24 pm

As I am feeling brave this evening heres the link to my blog:
http://southwalesforager.blogspot.com/
Only had one little hiccup to date and that was when all my apple recipes that I posted disappeared :scratch:
I must remember to keep updating now!

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:35 pm

Very nice - I'm following :icon_smile:

I'm hoping to do a bit more foraging this year myself, so I look forward to reading more of your ideas and recipes.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

welshmum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi, Thanks for the follow Rachel. I dont know much about how these blogs work so I am pleased someone thinks it's good enough to follow.

Does anyone know how to change the archive so its not based by date? I would like it seperated to catergories instead. ie alcohol, baking, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Might repost this in chat as well.

wulf

Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm not sure how you do that with Blogger. Last time I used it (Walking Hither Green), there were quite a few set up options though so you might be able to turn up what you want - look for something around "tags", "labels" or "categories".

Wulf
:read2: Read my blog and check out my music

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:35 am

I've been wondering about archiving, too, so your question prompted me to look up how to do it. I found instructions here: http://blogging.nitecruzr.net/2007/07/labels.html and tried it out in my blog (on blogger like yours).

First, from the 'design' page, add a gadget... choose 'Labels' from the list. To start with, choose 'show all labels' when it gives you the option (I didn't, and had to go back and change it later). You can put this labels gadget wherever you like on your page and, if you like, you can 'edit... remove' the blog archive (i.e. the one that lists posts by date) if you don't like it.

Once you've got the gadget in place, you can add labels to your posts. Go to the 'Posting... edit posts' page and select a few of the posts that you want to give the same label to. The click on the 'Label actions' drop down thingy at the top and choose 'New label'. You can then type in the category label that you want to use for those posts. It's possible to put posts in more than one category - in fact, it's all too easy as blogger doesn't clear the selection after you've applied the label! Click 'Select - None' at the top to clear it between categories.

Hope that helps.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

welshmum
Tom Good
Tom Good

Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Rachel, Thanks a lot. I dont know if I would of got that without your help.