Not missing plums/damsons again this year!

Want to talk about fruit and nuts? Got any problems? Here's your place to post.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not missing plums/damsons again this year!

Thanks for the recipe OJ. :cheers:
I just made a saucepan full of Branston pickle, and although it's still hot and obviously not matured, it really does taste like Branston.
I did swap the brown sugar for a little dark honey (honey doesn't upset my blood sugar), so I can eat as much as I like, which is just as well as I have a couple of litres of it.

What do you suggest I do with 3/4 of a swede that doesn't involve pain ? :iconbiggrin:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Shades of Baldrick! I'm nuts about swede/spud mash (butter and black pepper) so I've never bothered to do anything else with it.I'd be interested in anyone else's ideas.

Glad the pickle turned out OK.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bugger you OJ, OH roasted the remaining swede and it was quite nice. Now I'm going to have to buy another one to see if mashed swede is as I remember, and there's talk of partially boiled swede chunks, tossed in parmesan and roasted in olive oil.
I may have to grow some next year now, and that is something I've never ever done. :lol:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

ojay54
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ain't worth growing here,we just pick them up off the road.....the only upside of all the Tonka Toy tractors the local contractors love so much.
By the bye,I'm sure I've had that Italian thing,but yonks back,pre Mrs Ojay times.You'd need to roast garlic with them,and dress with balsamico.