Aerated showerhead

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
owen
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

anyone know if these two argos products use the same aerated technology as the severn trent water promoted product ?

(the argos ones are much cheaper)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... R+HEAD.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... R+HEAD.htm

I've mailed argos customer support - if I get a better response than "errmmm dunno" then I'll post back.

baldowrie
A selfsufficientish Regular

no it's a valve, reducer attached to the head.....well my one was any way.

Brij
Living the good life
Living the good life

Are these "aeriated" taps the same as we have on almost any tap on the continent?

I don't think I've used a sink (except for in kitchens or on the bath) that doesn't come out with more air bubbles than water out here, and it does feel lovely on the skin... sort of tickly! Though if you're trying to hand-wash clothes in the bathroom sink, it is a pain to soak anything... not that I'm doing it to be eco-friendly... I just don't want to shrink/ruin things in a machine!

Millymollymandy

Hi Brij - I was just going to say that looks like just a regular shower head to me! :? But we have no need of, and indeed the French have no knowledge of, power showers. In fact our mains showers are a lot more powerful than manky old 'power' showers! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ina

Millymollymandy wrote:Hi Brij - I was just going to say that looks like just a regular shower head to me! :? But we have no need of, and indeed the French have no knowledge of, power showers. In fact our mains showers are a lot more powerful than manky old 'power' showers! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The "power shower" I had in my last abode was so useless - there was just a trickle of water... Took me ages just to get myself wet, let alone washed. And since the bathroom was also freezing cold, showering was not one of my favourite leisure pursuits. :roll:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Millymollymandy

Rather you than me, brrrrrr! But do you mean it was even more cold than where you currently live? :lol:

deadbug
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Aerated showerhead

The science is explained on the homepage of the website http://www.ecocamel.co.uk there is a 4 minute video which explains everything (nice model in the shower too!)
I was sent one of these it is great, reduced my shower output from 10.3 litres per minute to 6.9 without diminishing the shower experience

mazlybazly
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Re: Aerated showerhead

i was just wondering what type of shower you would need for the shower head?
i actually got a free eaga showersmart device which is a small bolt you screw onto the shower base which lowers your usuage of water, i found it rather good and it's free!
http://www.eaga.com/showersmart/
thogh you can only use it if your hot water comes off the boiler and isn't electric (electric showers apparently have a similar device installed in them or something like that)