Baking Soda in UK

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Nikki
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hey Shirlz - erm, what are you saying? lol
They were the cheapest I found as listed above. But still not as cheap as local supermarket.

Excellent tip Andy. Yeah, they're just calling it by it's proper name. Will have to search for those.

Fee - :cheers: Looks good, will report back when the darn site loads. lol

:dave:
Interests: land care, organic, permaculture, animal welfare, home education, tea.

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Nikki wrote:Hey Shirlz - erm, what are you saying? lol
They were the cheapest I found as listed above. But still not as cheap as local supermarket.
:oops: :mrgreen: :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:

Sorry Nikki

If you buy 100kg it works out cheap :lol:

I get mine from suma as part of the neeps food co-op - not much use to you unless you start your own. www.suma.coop - our price for it is £1.79 per kilo.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Nikki
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Ok Fee, I worked out that purchasing 5x2kg bags (10kg) with p&p from would come to £2.36 p/kg.

Not the cheapest. :(

Did I work it out right?

Shirlz - 100kg! omg! lol I guess if you're buying that much and the postage doesn't increase oper kilo, it would be quite cheap indeed.

Ooh, you have a great deal there with neeps.
Interests: land care, organic, permaculture, animal welfare, home education, tea.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ah, so it probably isn't as cheap as it seemed on first glance then :?

The problem is that here i can't find anywhere that sells it in more than a little pot.

Nikki
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

the.fee.fairy wrote: The problem is that here i can't find anywhere that sells it in more than a little pot.
Yeah, it's a balance between cost and eco-friendly it is. Lots and lots of little pots means lots and lots of plastic.

Did someone say pool suppliers stock it? I would like to check something local like that. Our local chemists just looked at me weird, like perhaps I was thinking of building bombs. :mrgreen: