Surprise at eco cleaning

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
hippy chick
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Surprise at eco cleaning

I read on here last week that someone uses bicarbonate of soda and white vinegar to clean their cooker. OH MY GOD!!! I've just tried it, and it works really really well. I added eucalyptus oil to my white vinegar to take the smell away, which seemed to work. Put bicarb on the cooker, sprayed it with white vinegar, left it for 5 minutes and then wiped it away. It cleans equally well to any shop bought cleaner and it hugely cheaper. Thanks ishers! :lol:
Trying desperately to be an eco-warrior!!

LBR
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Surprise at eco cleaning

It's nice to discover! I've found that the vinegar smell evaporates fairly quickly, esp. if I put the cap back on the vinegar bottle right away.

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

I sometimes add "4 thieves blend" of essential oils to my vinegar - especially at lurgy time like now. If anyone's interested I can post the blend.

It was used by a bunch of thieves during the plague - your original looters. When they got caught their lives were spared by telling what they'd done to keep themselves protected - 4 thieves blend!
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad you found the power of natural cleaning - great isn't it :mrgreen: No chemicals, no nasty smells, and cheap :cheers:

Green Aura wrote:I sometimes add "4 thieves blend" of essential oils to my vinegar - especially at lurgy time like now. If anyone's interested I can post the blend.

It was used by a bunch of thieves during the plague - your original looters. When they got caught their lives were spared by telling what they'd done to keep themselves protected - 4 thieves blend!
So what's in 4 thieves blend?
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

eccentric_emma
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Home made cleaning stuff is great. I got heaps of grease off my kitchen cupboards with a blend of hot water, vinegar, bicarb and lemon essential oil. Then my mum gave me a recipe for fabric conditioner - 2/3s fabric conditioner bottle of vinegar, teaspoon of bicarb (add it very gently to the bottle otherwise it froths!) and a few drops of essential oil. It works great and no vinegar smell!

I'm eager to see the 4 thieves blend!
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Four Thieves Vinegar Recipe:

Use equal parts of the following herbs:

* Lavender
* Sage
* Thyme
* Melissa (lemon balm)
* Hyssop
* Peppermint
* A handful of garlic cloves

Blend ingredients in a glass jar and cover completely with organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar, which is available in most health food stores. Cold infuse (let sit at room temperature in a cool place) for six weeks and then strain off herbs and garlic.

You can take Four Thieves Vinegar by the teaspoonful, use it as a salad dressing, or even add a spoonful to your bath water for personal protection. Four Thieves Vinegar and warmed organic coconut oil make an excellent salad dressing.

You can also use it as a topical spray to disinfect surfaces -- including skin -- and/or you can take it as a tincture. All of the ingredients in Four Thieves Vinegar are either potent antibacterials or antivirals!

I use EOs instead of herbs (you can use it immediately) and omit the garlic :lol: - I get enough in my diet and don't really want my work tops smelling of it.
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

hippy chick

That sounds interesting. I wouldn't mind giving that a try!
Trying desperately to be an eco-warrior!!