White Vinegar

Want to share some knowledge of eco products. Or have you heard about any new eco projects that you want to share with the world?
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: White Vinegar

:mrgreen: It's a site joke that a certain supermarket comes up in odd ways. It seems to go back a long way into the mists of time. You didn't do anything wrong.

Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yes, I expect you got the "I am a dirty spammer" bit as well. :lol:
I have no idea why, it was certainly long before I joined.
If you put a dollar sign instead of the "s" works OK .. Te$co
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

Weedo
latitude: 35.0886S
longitude: 147.1289E

Vinegar as a weed killer? put enough on for long enough and it will work. If you dump enough of anything on a plant for long enough you will kill it, either through toxic action or changing its environmental conditions - the younger the plant the more susceptible it will be. The real question is whether you should do it.

When I began in weed management the main herbicides available were shweat, power kerosine, Arsenic and polybor chlorate (a mix of boran and sodium salts). The kerosene and poly were simply chemical hammers; they killed by physically destroying plant tissue in the same was as boiling water and both left dead bare patches.

Even with an in depth knowledge of most chemical, cultural, biological and mechanical weed management methods it still comes down to the three principles of prevent, eliminate, manage; and sweat is still the most effective herbicide.
Don't let your vision cloud your sight