Been attacked

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Rough Jack
Tom Good
Tom Good

Been attacked

Gidday

Just after midnight here I opened an attachment to a thread on here and got badly attacked. I hope you have gotten rid of it as I caint see what thread it was now.

Just thought I would let ewes jokers know.
Cheers
Jack

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry Jack, can you give us a bit more detail?

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Boots
A selfsufficientish Regular

There is no attachment option on threads here, Jack. You have a couple too many toasts at New Year?

:drunken:
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Rough Jack
Tom Good
Tom Good

Gidday

Hey Boots, I aint no Aussie so I know how much is too much Eh!

It took me most of today to get things back to almost normal even if an Aussie wouldn't know what that is.

I forget which forum it was in but it by a real newby who had only one post and there was no other replies to this one. It said something about Michael Jackson having a removable nose and gave a link. I follopwed the link and everything turned to crap of the highest manure quality type.
Cheers
Jack

Rough Jack
Tom Good
Tom Good

Gidday

It took me most of today to get things back to almost normal even if an Aussie wouldn't know what that is.

I forget which forum it was in but it by a real newby who had only one post and there was no other replies to this one. It said something about Michael Jackson having a removable nose and gave a link. I follopwed the link and everything turned to crap of the highest manure quality type
Cheers
Jack

Boots

Well, two posts is one too much Jack...
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Millymollymandy

That would have been a spam post which we mods delete as soon as we see them.

If you ever spot a spam post, please do not try to look at their websites or open their links!!!

If it doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would normally be posted on Self-sufficientish, don't open it. If you are not sure, PM a moderator who will check it out. Usually these posts are posted by usernames based in places like Russia and Israel.

Shirley

I saw it Jack - replied to you and had left the post up with the link removed but someone else has deleted the whole thread.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Muddypause
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

Jack, is the issue that you clicked on a link, and it automatically downloaded something malicious?

Make sure that your browser is set so that it won't automatically start a download unless you say it can. There should be a setting in the browser preferences.

If anything does try to download that you weren't expecting, treat it with the utmost suspicion. If it has ended up on your computer, don't open it; delete it; run your virus scanner.

But most of all, keep your wits about you. Ask yourself why anyone would be posting a link to dodgy pictures of Michael Jackson on a self-sufficiency forum. Especially if they are a poster with a history of only one or two posts.

Our mods do a good job of keeping the crap out, but you will still occasionally see the odd one. But what you descrbe is very rare. I've been posting here for nearly 2 years and have never heard anyone else have this problem, so don't let it put you off posting.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

Rough Jack
Tom Good
Tom Good

Gidday

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't blaming anyone. It was my own stupidity but I posted this as a warning in the hope that others wouldn't be caught too. I guess the time of night I just let my guard down.

Stupid Eh!
Cheers
Jack