Selfsufficientish is offically strapped for cash

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Selfsufficientish is offically strapped for cash

A sorry state of affairs but we are totally strapped for cash and need to invest a few bob into the site. We are not really businessmen if we were we would not be in this situation.

I am not asking for donations just ideas for fund raising. Merchandise is a tricky one as we need capital in order to get it in. We do have about 40 or so bags left if you have any friends or family that might be interested.

There was also talk of a ssish auction area a while back where people put on an item and sell it by auction. fancy doing this? The way it would work is that I would create a section on the forum and we could then put items in it. - The person donating the item would decide on what percentage they want to keep for themselves for delievery costs and for the item. So for example if you had a DVD that you did not want anymore you might want to get 2 quid for it and 1 quid for p&P. If you sold if for a fiver then you would keep 3 quid and donate 2. How does that sound? Could be a way of getting some early christmas presents cheap too.
Last edited by Andy Hamilton on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular

Yes... I'm up for the action thing... sounds like a win win for everyone!
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Merry

Yes - I think that all ssishers will want to support the site!

2steps

I'd be up for the auction idea too. I'd be happy to donate some jewellery items

Luath
Living the good life
Living the good life

Like the auction idea - I can make some stuff on the ss-ish theme............
visit my Creative Living forum
unboughtdelicacies
Radical sanity - it's the way to go.

den_the_cat
Living the good life
Living the good life

auctions a nice idea and why not put a 'donate now' button on the site anyway? It may help and people must actually save money from the advice on here so its not unreasonable.

Also you could list yourself on something like http://www.adbrite.com/ which can be better on forums than adsense, or setup an affiliate page (sign up somewhere like affiliate junction) - you can get £100 back on car insurance conversions and its as likely to be a good quote as anywhere else. In fact it would be really cool if you could find affiliate programmes for ethical producers or even contact ones who don't do it officially and negotiate a kickback :

Martin

that's one of the reasons I suggested that when the site migrates servers, it would be a good idea to use a content management system (E107 probably) - amongst other things, it has a banner rotation scheme built-in - you can then offer ad space for sale to companies like ours. (We'll take one!) :wink:
http://solarwind.org.uk - a small company in Sussex sourcing, supplying, and fitting alternative energy products.
Amateurs encouraged - very keen prices and friendly helpful service!

Shirley

Shirlz2005 wrote:Yes... I'm up for the action thing... sounds like a win win for everyone!
I'd just like to clarify that I meant I was up for the AUCTION thing... and not up for the action :shock: :oops: :mrgreen:
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn! Just when I was getting interested! :mrgreen:

Yep, I think the Auction thing is a good idea!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Millymollymandy

Are you up for auction then Shirlz? How much do you want for yourself? :lol:

Yeah auction may be a good idea, but probably only for those in UK because of the postage to far flung parts of the universe! Oh mind you, have you got your heads around your new way of working out the cost of postage in the UK yet? :mrgreen:

Shirley

Millymollymandy wrote:Are you up for auction then Shirlz? How much do you want for yourself? :lol:

Errm.. no... the idea is to actually MAKE money from the auction LOL.

Yeah auction may be a good idea, but probably only for those in UK because of the postage to far flung parts of the universe! Oh mind you, have you got your heads around your new way of working out the cost of postage in the UK yet? :mrgreen:
The new postage system is a pain... I've got a parcel that is over the certain thickness... it means I've got to pay about £1 more Grrrr...
Shirley

My photos on Flickr

2steps

The new system is a pain in the butt, put all my prices up a fair bit :cry:

If the auctions went ahead, I would be happy to send any jewellery overseas, it costs about £1.50 for airmail

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

We had to buy in some new envelopes because of the new system, but it actually works out a bit cheaper to send out 2 bags and a lot more for more than 2 as the small packet becomes a parcel.

Will set up the auction then thanks everyone.

I have a signed copy of hugh furnley whittingstalls pig in a day. I spily a bit of water on the cover so it is a bit wrinkled but the DVD inside is fine.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Camile
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello ...

can you send me a quote for 3 bags and postage to Ireland ?

will that generate some sort of money on it for you ?

Camile

hedgewizard

Yep, stick the prices for the bags up again matey, Xmas is coming up so we'll see if we can't shift those bags for you!