Bit of a rejig of some of the forum sections

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Bit of a rejig of some of the forum sections

Over the years we've been adding new sections to the forum and it's now got to the stage where there's quite an overlap of topics that appear in more than one section.

For example we added on the 'Looks like we made it' section, which being stuff that you made, is predominantly about crafts, yet there's still the old stuff about crafts in the Home Brew section.

Likewise in Home Brew, because the word 'preserves' appears (even though it does say not about cooking!) there's a lot of chutney and jam talk whilst these two also appear in the 'What's in the pot/cooking' section!

So...... we're in the process of going through and moving some of the older posts about, and over the next few weeks we'll rename some of these sections.

It'll be a minor change - basically all jam and chutney posts please can you put in the 'What's in the pot' section.

All crafts type of posts into the 'Looks like we made it' section.

Home Brew will remain for home brew, cordials, tanning, soap (unless this ought to go in health and beauty!!!), and all not-really-cooking type of preserving such as smoking and making vinegar and cheese. Basically anything that doesn't apparently go anywhere else!

Thank you. :flower:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bit of a rejig of some of the forum sections

So where do I put my post on making montages from home-grown courgettes and plums preserved in home-made wine? :bom:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

red

MKG wrote:So where do I put my post on making montages from home-grown courgettes and plums preserved in home-made wine? :bom:

Mike
trouble maker :lol:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

There's alway one :roll: :roll: :roll:

Do you really want to know where I think you should put it? :mrgreen:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

JesusChristSuperstar
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi,

Probably (definitely) a bit cheeky of me seeing as Im the forum noob, but I think there is to many forums and a cull is needed in that department. Just my 2p's worth and the perspective from a set of fresh (noob) eyes.
Cheers,

Jesus
Smoke me a kipper Skipper I'll be back for breakfast...