Concentrated Farmhouse Cider

Thought it would be nice to let you lot know what is going on and any future plans etc.
John Headstrong

Concentrated Farmhouse Cider

We've solved the postage cost problem!

super-concentrated, dilute to taste!

If you've ever been stumped by the cost of getting cider delivered to your door (we obviously feel your pain, it's our pain too!), we're really pleased to announce a fantastic new innovation, developed at the Mark Institute of Technology in Somerset in cooperation with one of our producers, Roger Wilkins. The Materials Science lab has managed to perfect a process in which they use nitrogen gas along with a platinum fixer to "drop" the cider in such a way that it is concentrated into a much smaller volume than before. This means that we can now offer cider so concentrated that just a drop or two into a gallon container of water will produce when mixed a gallon of full strength farmhouse cider!

This is obviously fantastic news for us because it means the shipping costs become negligible, and we'll be able to get a lot more farmhouse cider out to all you cider lovers around the country! At the moment we only have Roger Wilkin's super dry concentrated cider on the website but over time we will have all our ciders produced using this method. Visit our website to buy this fantastic new product.
see http://ciderpunk.com/super-concentrated-cider for more details

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Concentrated Farmhouse Cider

:lol:

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

:mrgreen: :drunken: :mrgreen:
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

Jandra
Living the good life
Living the good life

Great invention. I want some! Now what''s the date again...???

John Headstrong

Jandra wrote:Great invention. I want some! Now what''s the date again...???

shush!!, some people might not have noticed :pirate:

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

See I am confused because me weary eyes had read 'concentrated farmhouse cheddar'... now if they could apply this method to cheese... mmmm....cheese....
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

2ndRateMind
Tom Good
Tom Good

The thing is, it's not such a silly idea. All you need to do is boil off the water, and collect the taste.

There must be a reason why armagnac is drunk neat, but frankly, I would have preferred the cider it was made from, not being a spirits fan. And unit for alcohol unit, if one could ship cider for the price of cider brandy, a lot of fine cider makers would be laughing.

April fool I may be: but I wish this idea might work.

Best wishes, 2ndRateMind.