Whey

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
Odsox
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Whey

I wondered if anyone would remember.
You must be older than your dog looks, MKG. :iconbiggrin:
Tony

Disclaimer: I almost certainly haven't a clue what I'm talking about.

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol:

The adverts in Superman/Green Lantern comics used to fascinate me. Fishing rods made from tank aerials, and tiny variable capacitors for crystal sets (we were still stuck with Mullard monstrosities), and those X-ray specs which we all believed would actually work ... and, of course, Charles Atlas.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

tosca
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Odsox wrote:That's it then, I will become musclebound, I'll become a Charles Atlas lookalike instead of the 7 stone weakling (remember them ?)

Tosca, your using it in bread making sounds like a great idea, I'll give it a go in the next batch. Does it flavour the bread, make it a bit like sourdough ?
I think it does flavour the bread somehow. I thought it would make the crust soft like milk does but I have nice crusty bread. Of course, being a bit slapdash and not really measuring beyond the flour, it is never the same twice anyway!

TomatoesintheToilet
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hair conditioner (just brush it through then wash it out), tomato fertilizer (watered down, for some reason tomatoes in particular love it), compost activator, in aforementioned baked goods and animal feed, lure in traps for earwigs who maliciously nibble on my precious bean seedlings I so painstakingly planted, spray it on the cat to get cat off the kitchen bench........ I sometimes think that cheese is just the by-product of getting the precious whey. :lol: Love, love, love whey. Also makes a great tune - Whey-O, Wheeey-O. Daylight come and I want go home...

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Brewtrog
Living the good life
Living the good life

Don't know why I haven't already said this, but I imagine you could brew it. I honestly don't know the first thing about yogurt making (or cheese making, except I want a go), but I have read a recipe for milk wine, and the curds come out of that anyway. If there's any lactose, you'd have to treat it with lactase tablets. Then just a standard simple "lets make it alcoholic" approach, add sugar, add yeast, have patience.