Malt Extract

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
Calum
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Malt Extract

Hello all - where do you most regularly purchase your malt extract from? I've purchased primarily from a shop I found online, but I'm wondering if others shop elsewhere. Where's good and cheap? :D

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

Re: Malt Extract

Our local health food shop sells both the big tins of brewers' extract and small jars of organic extract as a health supplement. Surprisingly, the small jars work out cheaper, and are probably better quality. The only downside is that there's only one type, but that doesn't bother me, at least not at this stage (only been brewing from extract for a few months. It was kits before that).
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

I got my malt extract from a health store too when I was brewing friendly bacteria and yeasts.

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

I made a list of all the homebrew shops in the UK which might help. I get mine locally. The trouble with online is that you have to pay postage, but I guess you could team up with a group and bulk buy to bring costs down.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging