Curd Cheese?

Homebrew, cordials, cheese, dehydrating, smoking and soap making. An area for all problems to be asked, tips to be given and procedures shared.
mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

Curd Cheese?

has anyone made curd cheese? how easy is it? My great gran used to make colwick cheese and the recipe I found for curd cheese online could have come straight from her head lol...

the reason I need to know is we're lactose intollerant. this will make sense in a moment. M daughter has been given a summer holiday project to research ibiza... every class got a spanish speaking country, soph's got ibiza. anyways the national dessert of ibiza is Flao, but the recipes for this require either cottage or curd cheese... I can't be bothered to go through the whole rennet thing and colwick cheese always looked so easy when GG made it.....anyway I want to make a Flao with sophie the day before her first day back so she can submit it as part of her project and i can basically keep the imaginary soccer mom trophy for another year ;)

so, think it's doable?!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!