Hello

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
moonbutton
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hello

Wow, I normally don't have much time to post, but I shall here. I work as a nurse. I am probably the most annoying nurse to work with as I am forever getting people to save this or recycle that.

I think that when you work in a job like mine and see loads of waste, it is an opportunity to do a bit more to save the environment. Just recently our bosses decided to bring in disposable medicine receptacles, the ones the we have to give out with the medication in. I put I stop to that and we are back to washing out the plastic ones.

I remember the old milk bottles delivered by the milkman, what a good way of recycling that was and we all did it without even thinking.
moonbutton
it is up to all of us to save our planet, it is the only one we have

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hello Matron

Hello there

Good work by the sound of it. You are right about the milkman thing, I think it was down to a glass shortage in the 70's or 80's or something when milk bottles got replaced with plastic. Otherwise we would all still be recycling, without thinking about it. I was recently over in Germany, over there you have to pay a deposit on all glass bottles, I don't see why we cannot do that here.
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Emma
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Recycle

Hiya moonbutton :-o

We used to get money back on old corona bottles, lets get fizziacle. remember :geek:

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

In my previous job I used to do work in Christchurch NZ, and at the plant they had old style glass milk bottles! It brought back many memories :lol:
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/