Hello from Balsall Heath

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
rootsintheheath

Hello from Balsall Heath

:lol: Big groovy hello from sunny Balsall Heath which is an inner city area in Birmingham, i work with Balsall heath jungle which is a small community organization trying to encourage people living in Balsall Heath to stop slabbing over their gardens and grow fruit and vegetables :flower: instead.
Balsall Heath is a beautiful area with many parks and a huge diversity of wildlife that people don't notice ankle deep in rubbish they don't care about. i am on a personal crusade to get people to notice and start to enjoy respect and look after. By the wayi am not a hippy ok! if ya wanna have a look at what jungle is up to have a look at www.jngl.org.uk
love ur website it is great to tap into such a refreshing collective consciousness i am looking forward to getting to know y'all in the fullness of time mutate and survive
love and sustainability rootsxxx :dave:

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

G'Day Rootsin the heath,

Sounds like a very worthwhile cause, goodonya!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi Roots and welcome. Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you! All the best with it.

couscous
Tom Good
Tom Good

Hi Roots and welcome.

My father was a Brum so I had quite a few relations there. It was once muted that the best way to 'deal' with Birmingham was to concrete it over and start again so I was pleasantly surprised so see how much it had changed over the last 30 years when I last visited so the very, very best of luck with the project. Look forward to hearing how you get on.
Lanie
Live better for less

shiney

Hi Roots and welcome!

I have been over to the website and have saved it to faves for a more in depth look ~ see. Especially the recipe page. I just love foodie stuff. :flower:
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/