G'day from Queensland Australia!

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
shiney
A selfsufficientish Regular

Hi Green Girl,

Welcome aboard!

You have certainly started with a good selection of veg growing in your containers.

I have just planted a mango pip and am waiting to see just how quickly the British Summer can kill it off! (I don't think it will even sprout, but I am having a go at it)

I love Queensland, I have a friend who lives on the outskirts of Brisbane, but I went to visit her when she lived in Coolum. Great place. 8)
If in doubt ~ use a hammer!

http://greeningup.blogspot.com/

Millymollymandy

What's the problem with the radishes? Is it holes in the leaves or are they being eaten under the soil surface?

I've got something called flea beetle which is a tiny beetle which jumps like a flea! It leaves holes in all the leaves of the brassica family (cabbages but also radishes and rocket). Unfortunately they seem to be leaving little holes in the radishes themselves so they were pretty horrible and I didn't fancy eating them. Is it anything like that?

Obviously don't know if the same bugs attack plants in Oz as in northern Europe! (I'm in France by the way although I'm English).

And I didn't mean to be rude about your veggies - I just remember all the mangoes and paw-paws and wonderful produce abounding in Queensland so carrots sounded a bit ordinary!

greengirl

Millymollymandy wrote:What's the problem with the radishes? Is it holes in the leaves or are they being eaten under the soil surface?

And I didn't mean to be rude about your veggies - I just remember all the mangoes and paw-paws and wonderful produce abounding in Queensland so carrots sounded a bit ordinary!
Just the leaves... :?

And :lol: no offence taken about the veges! :mrgreen:

:flower:

Oh and the book that I have is Peter Bennett's "Organic Gardening" :wink: Well at least I picked a decent book then!!! :mrgreen:

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, picked a good one there! :mrgreen:
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/